114 5th Ave (22114), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Enterprise Customer Intelligence (ECI) is a team of product managers, data scientists, program managers and engineers who are passionate about enabling financial products to be aware and adaptive to consumers' needs. We develop APIs, data platforms and tools for Capital One to develop and apply continuous customer understanding and context in all our consumer products and experiences.
The scrum master role is responsible for enabling the ECI teams to deliver concepts to products with speed, effectiveness and transparency. This role collaborates with product managers, designers, engineers, data scientists, and senior leaders to drive the work forward in a resource efficient manner. The scrum master will manage teams and processes by leveraging fundamentals of iterative development, Agile practices and values, and multi-faceted communication and documentation. The role will also collaborate with other scrum masters to ensure consistency in the implementation of Agile across the larger team.
- Collaborator with strong partnering skills
- Effective communicator resulting in team cohesion, clarity, and commitment.
- Ability to keep teams focused on the end goal and executing in an adaptive manner
- Structured thinker who help can bring order to chaos to execution without creating unnecessary overhead.
- Bias toward action: make quick decisions, sets direction and priorities, and works with a sense of urgency
- Achievement oriented and seeks high levels of activity, fast-paced environment
Distinguishing Qualifications (experience with one or more of the following technologies):
- Various types of data repositories and query paradigms (relational, schema-on-read, graph, time series)
- Knowledge management, for organization, discovery and inference
- Handling of streaming data and temporal analytics
- Application of machine learning and architecture of adaptive systems
- Experience across start-up and corporate environments
- Program management
- Technical fluency with building data platforms, APIs, and tools
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience with scrum management, product, program, project, or operations analysis and management
- High level of expertise using JIRA, Confluence, Github
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
- Previous management experience in a role that required thought collaboration, influencing, and trust building among peers and employees
- Demonstrated passion for digital products/emerging technology and how they will impact the consumer experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top