Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
- At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, we measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared vision and culture, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. Although we are a bank, we operate as a tech company. We write our own code, develop our own software, and build our own products. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. We are changing banking for good because we dare to dream, disrupt, and deliver a better way.
Tech College Position Overview:
We are creating something unique and unprecedented: a re-imagined hub for technology training called Tech College. This is a bold investment in developing our associates and leaders, recruiting top technical and non-technical talent, and continuing to differentiate ourselves in the market. Tech College aims to transform our approach to enabling our associates and leaders with the technical skills they need to be successful in current and future roles. We constantly strive to deliver impactful and engaging learning experiences through the most cutting-edge methods to directly enable the success of our people and our business.
As a Scrum Master with an emphasis in Jira Administration for Tech College, you will serve as the Agile leader on a team responsible for analyzing, designing, and developing highly engaging learning experiences and solutions that will fuel our growth as a Tech company and help our associates develop cutting-edge skills.
The Scrum Master will work with one or more Agile teams in Tech College to implement Agile and Scaled Agile frameworks and principles such as Scrum and Kanban to help drive predictable, high-quality delivery of Tech College learning products. The Scrum Master will encourage team productivity by facilitating planning and removing impediments that may obstruct the team's progress as they work towards their goal of creating a revolutionary learning experience for Capital One associates and executives.
The Scrum Master will also lead and execute the Jira strategy used by the team to manage, track, and analyze work product. This includes creating and managing the reporting strategy across the team in the Jira platform.
This is a rare opportunity to be in a role with meaningful impact, challenging problems to solve, creative freedom and autonomy, strong support, and the ability to stay on the cutting edge of knowledge, skills, and tech. If you are an Agilist with a passion for improving people's lives through technology, we would love to meet you!
- Serve as Scrum Master for one or more Tech College teams
- Serve as Jira Administrator for Tech College
- Integrate Agile, Lean, and Scaled Agile principles into team product development practices and Jira administration
- Continually update respective teams' epics and stories in JIRA to facilitate workflow, demonstrate progress, and flag impediments
- Support the Product Owner as they drive towards their goal of creating learning products for Tech College associates and executives
- Guide teams through Agile ceremonies (e.g., PI Planning, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Retrospective) to help determine, commit to, and deliver an appropriate amount of work for the given interval
- Onboard and mentor new Scrum Masters to the Tech College team as necessary
- Proactively identify product design and development impediments and appropriately resolve using your network of Tech College peers and formal channels (including escalation if required)
- Create and Analyze appropriate JIRA reports (e.g., velocity, burndown, etc.) to track and help teams adjust team commitments and delivery, and to report out as needed
- Introduce Agile best practices and provide Agile coaching to continuously improve the team's delivery and operating efficiency
- Utilize team feedback, retrospectives, and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and work with your team to continuously improve
- Work closely with the Delivery Manager and Learning Operations Manager to access and understand reporting from Jira
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of Agile experience
- At least 2 years of experience as a Scrum Master
- At least 2 years of experience in a technology organization
- At least 2 years of experience using JIRA
- Master's Degree
- Certification in one or more of the following: ICAgile, Scrum Alliance CSM/CMP, PMI's ACP, PMP, Scrum.org, and/or SAFe
- 1+ year of experience working in learning strategy and curriculum design in a technology organization
- 2+ year of experience Jira development
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top