Scala Software Engineer
Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Scala Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer on this team, you'll work on a highly visible virtual assistant project using cutting-edge open source technology. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Java, Scala, REST, JSON, Kafka, Akka, Docker, Ruby, NoSQL databases, Chef, Maven and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure. You're a visionary thinker and technology disruptor, capable of bringing your ideas into production in a proactive manner.
- Develop and support J2EE applications using technologies including but not limited to: REST, Scala, Kafka, Akka, Docker, Ruby, Spring (MVC, Dependency Injection, Spring Batch, Micro services), Apache Tomcat
- Integrate Java based applications with Relational (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle) and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Advance best practices with the engineering team through participation in design and reviews
- Work in Kanban/Agile environments
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of Java programming experience
- At least 1 year of experience with Scala, Akka or Kafka functional programming
- At least 1 year of experience with AWS
- Master's Degree
- 1+ years of experience with Docker
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- 3+ years of experience in Agile practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top