SBC Platform Engineer
Plano 2 (31062), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
SBC Platform Engineer
As part of a team that takes responsibility for Capital One's Voice needs, you will play an integral part in advancing Capital One's Networking eco-system and culture of technical excellence. You'll make a key contribution by providing quality day-to-day operational support for a robust suite of professional voice systems. Championing this creates ample opportunities for your growth in the form of working within cross-functional teams, on a constant stream of new challenges, and alongside other very talented technologists, all of which require you to continually innovate and grow with an evolving set of technologies.
If you're just looking for "a job", this probably isn't the place for you. We don't do complacency. We stretch the boundaries of the possible. We're looking for people who are always looking to grow and learn. We are seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Voice Engineers, at all levels, who are passionate about Voice, Networking, and all things geeky.
- Produce Capacity Plan which documents current utilization and forecasted call volume traffic and infrastructure utilization
- Assess performance and capacity needs for Voice applications and infrastructure sizing requirements
- Develop, maintain and improve all Capacity Management reports for Voice Infrastructure
- Develop, manage and maintain all key system metrics and provide support all ad-hoc reports and dashboards.
- Assists in performance analyses for observed utilization pattern changes, incidents, and/or problems.
- Analyze capacity utilizations for voice network elements
- Support and assist Operations, Delivery, Architecture and groups as needed
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and report & document enhancements
- Develop standard operating procedures for Capacity Management.
- Analyze capacity incidents and implement necessary steps to prevent future incidents
- Help define and implement Capacity Management tools to achieve the team's objectives
- Able to provide analysis and support for large scale multitier application capacity and performance needs.
- Ability to determine what system needs and when it needs, using current performance as a baseline
- Possess understanding of performance testing (like CPU Utilizations, Memory Utilization, GC, Heap Memory, Response time, network latency, think time etc.) and ability to use tools to parse, merge, analyze, and present performance data.
- Understanding of key volume drivers as it relates to voice network and methods to forecast traffic and resources needed to handle load.
- Should have knowledge of capacity performance tools and experience modeling capacity of distributed systems, i.e. Erlang B, C, VoIP bandwidth.
- Ensures capacity availability targets are met across all voice platforms
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience managing and supporting IP Telephony systems, MPLS networks and SBC's in an operational support role
- At least 2 years of experience with large-scale VOIP network deployments in contact centers
- At least 2 years of progressive work experience with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP), including G.711 and G.729 codecs, Digital Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF), and H323
- At least 2 years of experience administering, engineering and supporting Cisco voice gateways
- At least 1 year of experience with managing, maintaining Oracle SBC's (Rel. 6) in an Avaya ACD environment with Session Managers and Communications Managers
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Professional Certifications in Cisco Cube or ACME Packet
- Professional Certification in Cisco routing and switching, i.e. CCNP, CCNA
- 4 years of experience managing IP Telephony systems, MPLS networks and SBC's in an operational support role
- 4 years of progressive work experience with Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP), including G.711 and G.729 codecs, Digital Tone Multi Frequency (DTMF), and H323
- 4 years of experience administering, engineering and supporting Cisco voice gateways
- 3 plus years' experience and/or certifications with TCP/IP, Cisco network routing, MPLS, Avaya and /or carrier IPTF
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top