West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One is seeking a Salesforce Developer to work closely with Product Managers and team members to ensure the timely and effective delivery of Salesforce requirements in Financial Services industry. The Developer is responsible for managing all aspects of Salesforce.com (SFDC) including configuration, customization and implementation of applications and 3rd party integrations. Role also includes collaborating with internal stakeholders and team members to build solutions in SFDC that support business requirements and processes for continuous improvement.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience.
- Salesforce.com Administrator Certification.
- At least 4 years managing CRM software projects.
- At least 3 experience designing and developing software components in a web-based systems architecture.
- At least 3 years of experience as a salesforce.com developer.
- At least 3 years of experience managing the process of implementing improvements and new functionality in Salesforce Development Community application.
- At least 3 years experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- 5+ years of experience with the salesforce development toolkit including Apex, Test classes, Triggers, Visualforce, HTML, CSS, JQuery, SOQL/SOSL, Force.com IDE and migration tool.
- 3+ years of experience with the AppExchange tools.
- 3+ years of experience supporting Salesforce.com configuration tasks such as field/page updates, workflows, validations, custom permissions, and approvals.
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise integration tools and extract, transformation, and load, (ETL) tools.
- 3+ years of experience in real-time Salesforce Development Community (SFDC) data integration with Enterprise systems.
- 3+ years of experience with SOAP/REST API development.
- 2+ years of experience converting business requirements into solution designs
- 1+ year of experience with Lightning.
- 1+ years of experience leading or facilitating sessions to define and document business requirements.
- 3+ years of Agile Scrum Methodology experience.
What you'll do:
- Demonstrate functional knowledge of Salesforce.com data structure and how to leverage the tool to meet complex process and reporting requirements
- With minimal guidance, design, develop, test, document, and deploy high quality business solutions on the SFDC platform based on the industry best practices as well as business needs
- Deliver solutions and support for break-fix issues to manage saleforce.com platform Handle numerous projects/priorities using sound development practices and organizational skills to ensure the quality delivery of enterprise solutions.
- Identify ideas to improve system performance and impact availability.
- Provide current best practice and 3rd Party solution alternatives as part of the functional design document
- Create system documentation/play books and participate as a reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
- Hands on experience using force.com technologies including SFDC triggers and controllers, VF page development, sObjects, and SOQL Demonstrates successful implementation of Batch Apex and/or Schedule Apex development.
- Experience in number of production support activities including change management, release management, capacity planning, incident management
- Participate and engage in all team meetings
At this time, Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top