RPM Process and Controls Process Manager
161 Bay Street (93021), Canada, Toronto,Toronto, Ontario,
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
RPM Process and Controls Process Manager
We are growing and we have an open position for a Process Manager in our Partnerships team. Process Managers thrive in understanding how things work - that means mapping out business processes, understanding and mitigating business risks, and ensuring that we have the right controls in place - and then making them better. As a Process Manager, you will work with teams across the enterprise to manage and improve our business processes.
Process managers have the opportunity to:
- Manage small to medium scope projects and initiatives to drive key objectives
- Document and enhance existing processes using Lean/Six Sigma methodologies
- Collaborate with broader team members and Business Owners to identify process optimization and improvement opportunities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams as they execute operational and business strategies - ensuring we deliver exceptional products and services to our customers
- Participate in Capital One's Lean transformation by defining and implementing process improvement agendas, driving efficiencies to create better experiences for our customers
- Leverage Process Management Design methodology to define and implement best-in-class customer experiences
- Use a variety of techniques and tools to define, manage and improve processes, like Visual Management, Business Process Management, and Lean
- Focus on the entire process from beginning to end, introducing innovation into the process that can impact results, enhance profitability and assist the organization to meet its business objectives and goals
- Partner with project teams to coordinate and drive completion of all updates to controls and process documentation for platform modernization which will result in Enterprise retail accounts residing in new system of record
- Partner with data and risk teams to continually inform, prioritize, and sequence intake and completion of work
- Facilitate control/process meetings to drive accountability, raise issues, and coordinate teams
- Ensure process and control environment are prepared for platform modernization
- Providing subject matter expertise on process and control design
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Math, Statistics, Commerce, Science or similar undergraduate program
- 2+ years of experience working in a cross-functional environment
- 2+ years of experience designing, managing, and improving processes
- 2+ years of experience applying Lean thinking methodologies
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- 2+ years of experience working in financial services
- 2+ years of experience partnering with technology teams in Agile environments
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Back to top