Risk Manager - Regulatory Change
- Richmond, VA
West Creek 4 (12074), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Risk Manager - Regulatory Change
As a Risk Management professional in Capital One's Enterprise Services (ES) Risk organization, you will apply your risk management skills to the company's assessment and implementation of new and updated laws and regulations. You will partner with compliance, legal, and line of business professionals to review and assess the applicability of a broad range of new or changed laws and regulations to the ten highly diverse ES divisions. In doing so, you will be responsible for investigating business practices, communicating impacts to business partners, and driving implementation of necessary changes in processes and controls. You will develop and support best-in-class industry risk solutions in a manner that supports innovation and protects our customers, shareholders and associates. Your contributions will drive organizational change through risk identification, measurement, analysis and reporting in order to better manage the company's risk in an open and collaborative environment.
Enterprise Risk professionals are experienced and progressive individuals that operate within a highly collaborative team environment to deliver value-added risk management services to our technology savvy business partners. You will have a significant level of exposure across the business and have the opportunity to work with professionals to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Company. Proficiency in risk management programs are key to success in this role. The successful candidate will be a solid risk management professional with strong analytical, planning, strategic thinking, organizational and communication skills.
- Manage the Regulatory Change process for the Enterprise Services businesses
- Track, coordinate, and report on a high volume of regulatory changes
- Review and assess changes in laws and regulations for impacts to the ES businesses
- Investigate business practices and communicate regulatory impacts to business partners
- Drive implementation of changes in process and controls necessary to ensure compliance with changes in laws and regulations
- Develop and leverage key relationships with stakeholders that enable collaboration across the enterprise
- Track and stay apprised of the changing regulatory environment
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting
- Write and revise documents such as policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines
- Develop and enhance processes, tools, templates, and job aides
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience in legal, compliance, regulatory, audit or risk
- At least 3 years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients
- At least 2 years of Project Management experience
- Juris Doctor degree
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong communication skills, including an ability to effectively explain legal and compliance requirements to a non-legal audience
- Strong ability to influence business partners to prioritize risk management work
- Ability to adapt to the changing circumstances of a fast-paced technology company
- Experience in controls development, controls management, and reporting activities
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top