North York (93006), Canada, North York,Toronto, Ontario,
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
As a Risk Manager in Capital One's Business Risk Office you will be responsible for working with business partners to identify and consult on potential risks to Capital One . If you are curious and eager to learn new things, love problem solving, have a deep reverence for risk management and love to have fun at work, this may be the role for you! Risk Managers at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills. These skills allow the Risk Manager to gain insights, and act as a change agent to influence their business partners. As Capital One evolves to meet the ever-changing technology landscape, so does our Risk Managers. A successful Risk Manager operates from a foundation of knowledge about the Line of Business with whom they are working, laws / regulations and good Risk Management practices. They are forward thinking, quick to adapt, and technologically adept.
Risk Managers have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to work with Executives to create and implement innovative solutions to appropriately manage risks within the Card business.
- Consults on Risk to one or more business partners providing advice and guidance as required.
- Effectively challenges our business partners, 2nd (Compliance and ORM) and 3rd lines (Audit).
- Leads/supports audits and regulatory exams
- Analyzes data to proactively identify risks and trends
- Stays current on the changing regulatory environment and understand the impacts to your businesses
- Drives collaboration between the risk, compliance and other business support functions (e.g., legal, privacy).
- Provides oversight and guidance during risk assessments.
- Is a thought leader in providing guidance to businesses and supporting functions in implementing functional risk management practices.
- Participates in risk forums and contributes to continuous improvement of risk management practices.
- Supports, partners and interacts with internal business clients.
- Sets direction, manages expectations and leads cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years experience in Financial Services Compliance
- At least 5 years experience in Risk Management experience
- 10 years of Financial Services Compliance
- 10 years of Risk Management experience
- 5 years of Card experience
- 5 years or more of experience in analysis
- Agile or Design Thinking experience
- 2 years of People Leadership experience
- Certified Risk Management Assurance (CRMA) or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top