Risk Events Business Lead
77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Risk Events Business Lead
The US Card Partnerships team provides oversight of and support for private label credit card programs. The Risk Events Business Lead will oversee the discovery and remediation of breakdowns in operational systems and processes for a retail partner.
Provides oversight of Risk Events and Issues for the US Card Partnerships business, including collecting data, measuring performance against requirements, and providing guidance to the partner. Manages the process infrastructure and provides centralized oversight of Event and Issue remediation. Identifies and implements process improvements. Acts as a subject matter expert to effectively partner with client to achieve desired outcome or improvement by clarifying needs and providing appropriate solutions.
- Develops a relationship with external partner and guides them through Risk Event and/or Issue remediation
- Manages the backlog of risk events and issues and oversees day-to-day work of team
- Facilitates cross functional meetings, internally and externally, to develop collaborative remediation plans
- Drives investigation of root cause and problem solving for remediation projects
- Works with the business and partner to analyze and interpret Risk Event and/or Issue results to help partner understand implications and determine appropriate corrective actions
- Makes recommendations and provides guidance to the partner
- Understands and utilizes all Risk Management tools and systems available
- Coordinates with partner to ensure timelines are met and remediation projects move forward
- Researching and problem-solving as needed to support the business and the partner
- Training and development of others as necessary
An Ideal Candidate Possesses:
- Demonstrated outstanding communication, relationship building and collaboration across cross-functional teams, and with external partners
- Strong problem identification, resolution and analytical abilities
- Experience in management of multiple projects concurrently in an autonomous environment
- Subject matter expert in designated Risk Methodologies and corporate risk practices
- Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of experience with operations management, project management, or risk event management
- At least 3 years of Risk Event Issue management experience
- At least 1 year of experience with PRIME system of record
- At least 3 years of experience in Customer Payments & Transactions, Loyalty, or financial services
- Project Management Certification
- Six Sigma Certification or BPM Certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
JyotisanaSenior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top