Research Lab Manager, Project Management
Prince Georges-Univ of MD (17186), United States of America, College Park, Maryland
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Research Lab Manager, Project Management
Capital One is looking for a University Lab Manager for the Capital One Tech Incubator Lab (TIL) at the University of Maryland.
The University Lab Manager will play a critical role by driving innovation as the site leader and will be responsible for starting, managing, and expanding the UMD intern program as well as contributing to ongoing technology initiatives and research at the bank. Capital One is looking for a candidate with demonstrated leadership and management experience and excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an aptitude for building strong networks with company peers, university faculty, research coordinators and other research park companies.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Facilitate student hiring, onboarding, and provide ongoing mentorship and guidance
- Modify and design internal process to manage projects and lab
- Proactively identify and track top talent from disciplines of interest
- Develop relationships with Professors from relevant departments for innovation, possible collaboration or consulting, and to enable hiring of top talent
- Continuously report on impact and Return on Investment (ROI) to stakeholders
- Continuously build and present the business case for investment at the UMD Tech
- Report and help manage capacity and workload and facilitate the management of budget for the TIL
- Work as project leader or in support of other project leaders for TIL projects across various company lines of business
- Develop and maintain excellent relationship with all students and help in driving student engagement and performance
- Promote the brand of the company with students and faculty and participate in campus and community events
- Coordinate maintenance of the site; Organize visits by project leaders and other stakeholders. Prepare presentations and organize TIL tours when requested
- Establish relationship with other companies to enable innovation and possible collaborations
- Network with UMD students and faculty, and Capital One lines of business in various company locations
- Bachelor's degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years' experience working in a technology project management role
- At least 2 years' experience working with at least one of the following lines of business: engineering, machine learning, security, artificial intelligence, human resources, business development, finance
- At least 2 years' experience of people management
- At least 2 years' experience performing research in a STEM environment
- At least 5 years' experience of people management
- At least 5 years' experience establishing research collaborations
- At least 5+years participating and leading research projects
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top