Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One Securities has an immediate need for an Analyst to join our growing REIT equity research team located in Tysons Corner, VA.
Analysts support the team by providing quantitative input for industry- and company-specific research and assist in the preparation of financial models, written reports, and field research.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work both within a team and on a self-directed basis, possess excellent analytical, written, and verbal communication skills, demonstrate a high level of attention to detail, and exhibit advanced computer skills using Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Supports team by:
- Maintaining macro and industry data series and company specific financial models
- Drafting industry, sector and company reports and presentations for internal and external clients
- Monitoring multiple information sources on sector or company specific news items and trends
- Managing client requests
- Making outbound client calls on actionable investment ideas
- Attending industry and company sponsored conferences and field trips
- Conducting field research and property tours
- Maintaining contact lists
- Developing industry contacts and proprietary information sources
- Other duties as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in an academic major such as Accounting, Finance, Real Estate, Math, Physics, or Engineering
- Demonstrable quantitative and objective writing skills, and
- Experience/education in corporate finance such as equity research or investment banking viewed positively
- Experience/education in commercial real estate viewed positively
- CFA, MBA, or progress towards either viewed positively
- FINRA Series 7, 63, 86, and 87 licenses viewed positively
- Experience with FactSet including Excel add-in and Bloomberg viewed positively
- Strong GPA (3.5/4.0)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top