Release Train Engineer
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Release Train Engineer
In the Agile Program Lead role, you'll ensure your program's delivery success by leveraging the appropriate Agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban/SAFe/LESS etc.) to enable predictable, quality delivery while maintaining a focus on the continuous improvement of the program. The Agile Program Lead will optimize productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the program's goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to change.
Cross Team Delivery
- Mastery of complex facilitation and dependency management techniques (cross team, cross department)
- Drive cross team, ART and departmental impediments, planning, collaboration, and coordination
- Drive delivery and continuous improvement by utilizing feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity
- Understands domain architecture and targets to identify upstream/downstream dependencies and to support the program in risk management
- Provide regular and open communication across the program and stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and impediments
- Help establish governance structure where decision-making is weighted toward empowered teams
- Ensure that teams/program are well managed in delivery controls/compliance to minimize operational/repetitional risk
- Ensures business and technical leaders maintain and communicate product vision and roadmaps
- Partners with technical leaders and others to support program/organization's automation (testing, pipelines, deployments)/DevOps journey
- Teach, mentor, and coach teams, Scrum Masters, ARTs and Product on emerging Agile and Lean methods
- Utilizes feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and partners with others to coach the program to continuously improve
- Fosters innovation with practices and frameworks through experimentation to improve program delivery
- Coaches the program to improve collaboration and self-organization
- Acts as an Agile mentor/coach to any Agile role or stakeholder
- Agile & Technical Learning: Actively seeks and leads a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training and independent study to further develop self and community
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years of experience in Technology Delivery (software or infrastructure)
- At least 3 Years of Agile experience
- At least 2 years of people management experience
- Scrum Alliance CSM or CSP certification or PMI's Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
- At least 1 year of agile coaching experience
- Agile or Professional Coaching certification
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- SAFe certified or other scaled agile frameworks
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top