888 West Sixth Street (61014), United States of America, Los Angeles, California
Relationship Manager II, Mid-Corporate Banking
Relationship Manager II, Mid-Corporate Banking
This position is for an associate business development banker focused on developing and servicing relationships with commercial clients in the Mid-Corporate Banking Group, a specialty team within Capital One Bank's commercial banking division. This role supports the senior relationship managers in creating value-add pitchbooks, supporting credit approvals , analyzing financials, completing pre-screen deal memos, managing prospecting databases and servicing customer relationships as a secondary relationship manager. Banker will also assist in data research, analysis and reporting.
- Assist senior Relationship Managers (RMs) in the preparation of customer presentations and term sheets, as well as manage the pipeline activity for sales reps and managers
- Create client pitchbooks and craft various financing views (structure and pricing) from scratch with limited senior banker involvement
- Complete pre-screen deal memos including analysis of industry and company financial condition, application of pricing models and evaluations of the viability and profitability of the opportunity
- Ownership of prescreens for credit approval and direct involvement throughout credit approval process including working directly with the client to answer questions from credit and receive all necessary documentation for closing
- Partner with internal stakeholders including Underwriting, Risk, Commercial Client Service and Support and Treasury Management to provide an exemplary customer experience
- Data Driven Prospecting:
- Utilizing key company and capital structure metrics from multiple sources to create fully comprehensive and up to date prospect universe
- Identifying most actionable prospects and applicable calling strategies
- Mine Salesforce.com and outside databases to keep data current, and to identify and prioritize corporate prospects and their key decision-makers
- Participate in business development networking activities
- A Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in corporate banking
- A Master's in Business Administration or a Master's in Finance
- Completion of a formal commercial credit training program
- Proven success in Corporate Sales and/or Risk
- Team player with proven ability to execute in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to generate ideas and "make things happen" vs. simply "waiting for a call"
- Ability to thrive in an environment that is more entrepreneurial than peer banks
- Passionate about problem-solving and finding creative solutions
- Client presentation skills and enjoys/seeks out face to face interactions
- Ability to work collaboratively with partners across business lines
- Excellent business writing and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Highly proficient in MS Office; Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Salesforce.com
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).