Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance Senior Associate
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance Senior Associate
Title: Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance Senior Associate
Level: Senior Associate
If you're looking for a fast paced, dynamic and innovative firm founded on a culture of diversity and inclusion that can provide you with a challenging role and long term career development opportunities then read on.
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #112 on the Fortune 500, Capital One is one of the nation's top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work. The Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance team within Capital One is looking for the right individual who shares these values and seeks continual growth and challenge in their career.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to join the recently created Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance ("QA") team as a Senior Associate. The QA team role will involve assessing and addressing regulatory reporting risks, including validation and enhancement of reporting data integrity.
The Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance function within Finance Risk Management is responsible for performing independent validation and the enhancement of regulatory reporting data integrity. Key roles and responsibilities entail performing periodic reviews of the data reported in the company's regulatory filings, which may include evaluating the effectiveness of procedures and controls for the purposes of ensuring the accuracy of reports submitted to regulators. The Regulatory Reporting Quality Assurance team serves as advisors to identify opportunities to further strengthen the regulatory reporting environment to meet regulatory expectations.
The QA team is responsible for the following:
- Reviewing products and transactions to ensure accurate coding at source system and verify them against contract documents (analyze and identify the appropriate data coding)
- Performing testing and evaluation of reported balances and other information (based on transaction nature and underlying contractual information)
- Concluding and reporting on noted errors, and recommendations developed, with appropriate action plans and owners
- Ensuring appropriate closure of action plans developed in response to previous reported findings
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships across businesses and other control groups (i.e., risk management, compliance, legal, etc.)
- Working closely with business and information technology colleagues across lines of business as issues emerge and reporting them timely to management and other stakeholders;
- Developing recommendations to strengthen internal controls and improve operational efficiency, where appropriate
- Staying current with evolving industry and regulatory changes
- Coordinate training efforts by assisting to prepare educational and training materials
Key Job Responsibilities:
The Senior Associate would be directly responsible for performing the testing and evaluation of reported balances as well as staying current with evolving industry and regulatory changes.The team member would be a self-starter responsible for managing multiple priorities. Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with performing risk assessments of regulatory reporting and QA engagement planning, including communication of the rationale for scoping decisions
- Perform component of QA review testing and reporting; including issue identification and follow up as applicable
- Develop understanding of the broader context of implication of regulatory reporting risks affecting the company
- Perform QA procedures, including, but not limited to, identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, documenting target area processes and procedures, and recommending remediation
- Assist with preparation of written reports and oral presentations to communicate identified issues and recommended remediation actions
- Build and maintain good working relationships with other lines of business and senior management to improve overall quality of regulatory reporting
- Deliver appropriate, succinct and organized information, tailoring communication style to audience
- Develop and maintain high level of knowledge around regulatory reporting compliance and risk management
- Other responsibilities as deemed necessary
We are seeking a dedicated and disciplined professional who excels in a collaborative environment and will take ownership of their responsibilities. This person will have excellent communication skills, very strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and have the ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Ability to organize and present data in a meaningful way, including analyzing and summarizing detailed information from various sources
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills, including the ability to liaise with and influence senior subject matter experts
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
- Ability to work within a team and to collaborate with peers and leadership to create effective solutions to validation issues
- Ability to create and manage detailed project plans including managing interdependencies
- Ability to effectively collaborate with technology to implement automation and develop innovative solutions to drive process efficiencies
- Advanced Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Sense of ownership and accountability for work
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification, or Military experience
- At least 3 years of Accounting, or at least 3 years of Auditing, or at least 3 years of Consulting, or at least 3 years of Finance experience
- 1 year of Prior Audit or 1 year of Consulting experience within the financial lending industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Other Business Related Field
- 1 year of experience in a line role or supporting a finance or reporting function
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top