Red Team Pursuit
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Red Team Pursuit
Red Team Pursuit
The Capital One Red Team reduces cyber risk by uncovering vulnerabilities and weaknesses in the enterprise cyber environment through coordinated ethical hacking and penetration testing scenarios. This position reports to the Director of Red Team and works closely with team members to plan, coordinate, execute and report on sophisticated ethical hacking exercises, to identify cyber vulnerabilities and reduce the risk posture of enterprise systems. This role will be responsible for performing invasive security assessments to emulate the tactics, techniques, and procedures of a variety of threat actors and will make recommendations to senior management on effective countermeasures.
The successful candidate for this position will be part of an exciting and dynamic environment to build and deliver industry leading ethical hacking capabilities to continuously protect and defend Capital One brand, systems and data. The Red Team is part of the Cyber Operations & Intelligence program and assists with identifying opportunities to enhance Capital One's information security posture against a broad range of cyber threats, and develop strategies to most effectively address these threats. The successful candidate will be part of a team of highly skilled resources whose goal is to constantly identify ways to protect and defend Capital One systems and data by designing and executing cyber attacks that emulate a range of advanced adversaries, partner closely with various leaders and stakeholders to communicate results and help implement key security enhancements.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of information security experience in any of the following areas: vulnerability management, security operations, security architecture, application or network security
- At least 1 years of experience in penetration testing and security assessment
- At least 1 years of experience with Python, Perl, PHP, Ruby, PowerShell and C, C++ or C#
- At least 1 years of experience with network penetration testing
- At least 1 years of experience with common offensive tools and frameworks such as CobaltStrike, Metasploit, Empire, etc.
- At least 1 years of experience with access control, authorization, and authentication technologies
- Certification: OSCE, OSCP, OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GMOB, GAWN, GXPN, GCIH, CEH, CPT, CREST
- 2+ years of experience with threat modeling concepts and frameworks like MITRE ATT&CK, STRIDE, DREAD, FAIR
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top