Python/AWS Software Engineer
- McLean, VA
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Python/AWS Software Engineer
Originating from Capital One, Cloud Custodian is an open source rules engine for managing public cloud accounts and resources. It allows users to define policies to enable a well managed cloud infrastructure, that's both secure and cost optimized. It consolidates many of the ad-hoc scripts organizations have into a lightweight and flexible tool, with unified metrics and reporting.
Our Cloud Custodian team is growing as we go all-in on the Cloud. We are looking for someone who is passionate about solving the toughest cloud compliance, security, and cost optimization problems. You will have the opportunity to remain in a hands-on engineering role, developing coding solutions. We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking.
- Be part of a team of engineers building Cloud Custodian as a Service to enforce enterprise cloud compliance, security, and cost optimization policies
- Bring enthusiasm and experience utilizing and contributing back to Open Source technology environments
- Work with product owners and Cloud Governance to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, mentor members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 3 years of Python coding experience
- At least 3 years of experience building and supporting applications in the Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- At least 3 years of experience supporting production environments
- At least 3 years of experience in an Agile environment
- Master's degree
- 5+ years of Cloud experience
- 5+ years of Python coding experience
- 2+ years in DevSecOps
- 2+ years of experience using AWS APIs
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top