Proprietary Events Manager
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Proprietary Events Manager
The ideal candidate for the Proprietary Events Manager is a driven, passionate self-motivator, who encompasses the skill set of strategic thinking within the events space coupled with unparalleled execution expertise along with a killer team mentality and people management experience. Disciplined, hardworking expert, driven to plan and manage best-in-class proprietary events for discerning clients. The ideal candidate must deliver first-class communication and service for internal and external clients and constantly strive for improvements in process and execution.
- The person in this role will lead Proprietary events for the Commercial Bank (for example theatre events, food and wine events, golf outings) reporting to the head of client events
- Responsible for the overall proprietary events schedule across the Commercial Bank, bringing deep event planning expertise to the table along with best-in-class execution
- Strategic acumen is a must – ability to take a brief, the current events plan and create a thoughtful, on-budget annual proprietary events plan to achieve business goals
- Responsible for managing two associates in a collaborative, team-oriented environment; a demonstrated passion for people development is imperative
- Responsible for planning several of the largest proprietary events for Commercial, bringing a rich set of ideas to the table and obsessing about ROI and how events achieve attainable and actionable business results
- Works and collaborates with a cross-functional team of marketing strategy, line of business partners, agencies and manager to ensure business objectives are being met through the events channel and representing the work of the team
- Responsible for driving consistency across all events, from invitation delivery and timing to execution and post-event analysis
- Use analytical skills to use data and information to inform recommendations on proprietary event types and spend to meet our stated objectives and to analyze guest lists to give the business guidance through the planning process
- Highly effective written and verbal skills, including the ability to present to leaders at all levels of the organization
- Flexible and detail-oriented with strong problem-solving and prioritization skills
- Package best practices and event recaps into meaningful presentations to share with senior leadership
- Work in white space, testing new ideas to bring forward best practices, identifying and implementing digital trends, innovations and industry best-practices that impact the brand experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office (word, excel, PowerPoint)
- 5+ years of event planning experience
- 5+ years of experience planning proprietary events
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 2 years' experience leading an events team
- 2+ years of CVent Experience
- 2+ years of strategic planning experience (creating a strategic events plan based on business objectives)
- 2+ years of financial services event planning experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top