Project Manager - Senior Associate
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Project Manager - Senior Associate
Project Manager, Senior Associate
The successful candidate will be responsible for day to day project management within the Cyber Chief of Staff team, ensuring the timely and accurate handling of inquiries, coordination and preparation of materials, and management of the Chief Information Security Officer's (CISO) strategic calendar. This individual will work with an extended front office team and assist in ensuring the team's optimal performance through an enhanced focus on detail and the timely completion of deliverables.
Cyber values an entrepreneurial attitude and fosters an environment for professional growth and career development. This individual will be an important culture carrier for the organization, who models the right behaviors for the team and helps create a shared sense of accountability within the team.
- Collaborative/team player
- Creative self-starter filled with enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Clear and concise communicator, both verbally and in writing
- A sense of humor and tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Cool under pressure
- Collaborate with project owner and various front office team members to develop and execute effective delivery within the Cyber front office
- Support projects by partnering with CISO and the Cyber front office team in areas needing more attention to ensure their delivery is both effective and efficient
- Identify operational breakdowns and inefficiencies and drive action to streamline and simplify existing processes
- Perform quality assurance routines on existing projects
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience designing, building, managing and improving processes
- At least 2 years of experience managing projects
- Experience partnering with IT in Agile environments
At this time Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top