Project Manager / Producer
Wright Brothers (51050), United States of America, Seattle, Washington
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Project Manager / Producer
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
As a Project Manager at Capital One, you are a creative and collaborative problem solver, you are known to passionately shepherd design and research methods, you understand the risks to users when teams make short term tradeoffs and ultimately you ensure that the right design is done the right way. You will need excellent design thinking, problem-solving and communication skills. You will work closely with a variety of stakeholders to ensure the team goes successfully from early stage concepts to launch.
You will be responsible for orchestrating the end-to-end UX methods across multiple projects; providing guidance, coaching and UX leadership; mentoring and influencing to ensure UX activities are completed on time and ensuring the team is focused on their highest priority items so we have the biggest opportunity to deliver the right experience. You are an excellent buffer; you understand the difference between subjective and critical feedback and you can help designers and researchers maneuver appropriately. The core of this position is tracking and delivery without giving up your design acumen. You will work with smart, talented people who will challenge you to excel. You will be rewarded for your passion, your UX talent, and your achievements.
- Shepherd design and research projects through conception to completion, ensuring the right design is done the right way.
- Optimize the UX effort on the highest priority projects, while ensuring lower priority projects can leverage self-service tools that you help create.
- You will manage multiple schedules and priorities, help lead designers across various stages of the UX process and you will be responsible for optimizing our processes, tools, and measures of success.
- Drive projects based on defined priorities; ensure scope of deliverables, timelines and budget are met; identify risks and issues and mitigate and / or escalate as needed
- Plan, design, manage and execute project plans to ensure delivery. This activity includes management through feasibility, design, planning and implementation.
- Practice design thinking and apply your design expertise
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the user centered design process, with a strong sense of measuring the team and product success throughout.
- Be a motivated self-starter who is also a team player with great cross-group collaboration skills across design, research, product, marketing and engineering disciplines.
- Leverage problem solving skills to ensure design deliverables meet user success criteria identified through iteration and user research
- Accelerate and optimize the delivery of research and design deliverables
- Forge relationships with design teams across the enterprise and strategize ways to optimize consistency in processes and deliverables.
- Identify ways to improve and streamline UX processes and tools
- Exhibit a proven track record executing quickly and putting a structure in place to manage the work
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders across all levels to manage, inform, and influence outcomes
- Demonstrate organizational agility to adapt to changing demands
- Display strong consulting and collaboration skills
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- At least 3 Years Project Management experience
- At least 3 Years in executing UX processes
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience in Design, Human Computer interaction, or similar field
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- 5+ years of experience in executing UX processes
- PMP OR Lean OR Agile OR Six Sigma certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top