Project Manager - Deployment
East Shore 2 (12025), United States of America, Glen Allen, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Project Manager - Deployment
- Manage a steady volume of phone calls with a high degree of professionalism
- Serve as a point of escalation for complex vendor problems or installation issues especially, when the problem relates to cross team concerns.
- Identify customers' needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives
- Develop and execute implementation plans and test scripts for large software and hardware delivery projects.
- Interact effectively with a variety of contacts including construction, armored courier, data network, and OEMs.
- Provide guidance and expertise to less experienced staff.
- Answer questions from staff and provide guidance and feedback
- Track and resolve process breakdowns
- Follow communication "scripts" when handling different types of inbound calls
- Anticipate escalation and take over calls when needed
- Measure performance with key metrics such as call abandonment, calls waiting etc.
- Ensure adherence to established procedures.
- Keep management informed on issues and problems
- Attend educational seminars to improve knowledge and performance level
- Communicate the status of deployment activities via status reports.
- Work with other internal and external teams to ensure that a deployment is completed and validated on schedule
- Signal anomalies and trends to leadership
Ideal candidates will possess:
- A practical mind to solve problems on the spot partnered with an ability to see the "big picture"
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Tech savvy with knowledge of computers, networks.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively
- Bachelor's degree, GED, or equivalent military experience
- At least 3 years of process management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Proficiency in English
- Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, BPM or Project management certifications
- Knowledge of data networks or Windows Operating systems a plus
- Prior ATM experience
- Knowledge of Customer Back Relationship model
- Knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework
- Knowledge of additional languages to English
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top