Wright Brothers (51050), United States of America, Seattle, Washington
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
As a Project Manager at Capital One, you are creative, passionate about using data and technology to solve tough problems and are a demonstrated leader with superior analytical abilities. This opportunity requires a background in data or systems analysis, excellent technical skills, problem-solving and communication skills. You will be responsible for working within a horizontal Data Science team requiring partnership and coordination with and delivery to multiple stakeholders. You will also be responsible for the successful execution of one or more projects at a time, providing guidance, coaching and project leadership. By mentoring and influencing, you will drive the highest quality and the strongest sense of customer focus on each project. At the core of the position is delivery. You will work with smart, talented people who will challenge you to excel. You will be rewarded for your passion and your achievements.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and work with data analysis concepts
- Leverage strong analytics skills to organize and steer Data Science efforts
- Work within a horizontal team that supports delivery of Data output to multiple stakeholders
- Work on large and small scale projects that have a direct impact on the company.
- Drive projects based on defined priorities; ensure scope of deliverables, timelines and budget are met; identify risks and issues and mitigate and / or escalate as needed
- Plan, design, manage and execute project plans to ensure delivery. This activity includes management through feasibility, design, planning and implementation.
- Practice Scrum/Agile methodology, where applicable
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the SDLC process
- Be a motivated self-starter who is also a team player with great cross-group collaboration skills
- Leverage problem solving skills to ensure project plans deliver on intent and maintain key project documentation
- Partner with project customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
- Forge relationships with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Identify ways to improve and streamline business process
- Exhibit a proven track record of project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage the work
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders across all levels to manage, inform, and influence outcomes
- Demonstrate organizational agility to adapt to changing demands
- Display strong consulting and collaboration skills
- High School Diploma, GED, equivalent certification, or military experience
- At least 3 years Data Analysis OR Business Systems experience
- At least 1 year of Project Management experience
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of Project Management experience
- 5+ years of Data Analysis or Business/Systems Analysis experience
- PMP OR Lean OR Agile OR Six Sigma certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top