Production Support Manager
Plano 2 (31062), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Production Support Manager
Tech lead / Manager for Small Business Commerce applications on the SRE team, and manage the Engineers assigned to operational support of those projects. Lead the migration to AWS from a production support perspective, including but not limited to technology selection, architecture reviews and security reviews. Maintain PCI compliance of the operational environments through process and documentation. Use your years of hands-on IT experience and leadership skills to lead a team of Systems administrators and Engineers supporting business critical applications. In this hands-on role, you will plan, direct, and coordinate technology projects to ensure goals meet or exceed clients' expectations.
- Manage and provide leadership and direction to application support staff
- Provide support to internal teams, management, and vendors in identifying computing needs and system requirements
- Articulate technical information and provide it to business leaders and management
- Oversee and perform application implementation and production administration
- Plan, design, and implement complex IT systems and introduce solutions that enable company to leverage new technologies which will enhance productivity, reliability, and performance
- Resolve complex issues on our core applications/system; this may include system architecture design, capacity planning, and project management
- Guide the support of applications in multiple OS and platforms, in both VM and cloud environments
- Consistently collaborate with ISRM and audit teams to ensure applications are compliant/secure and continue to meet PCI standards
- Research and develop standards, proposals, and processes to prompt growth, maturity, and effectiveness of the IST department
- Ensure the team provides outstanding customer service in resolving tickets and managing incident and problem management
- Manage the 24x7 support for all critical applications
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience leading a team of 5 or more responsible for supporting business critical applications
- Ten or more years of practical, service-oriented experience in the IT field including experience with Windows, Linux servers
- Strong understanding and knowledge of various databases, operating systems, middleware, and web servers
- Strong experience in various scripting languages
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate with senior executives
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related field
- At least 5 years of Windows Server experience
- At least 5 years of Linux Systems experience
- At least 3 years of Project Management experience
- SQL Server database experience
- MySQL database experience
- Cloud Technologies experience
- AWS Automation experience
- PCI/ Compliance and audit experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top