Product Owner - Small Business Data
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Product Owner - Small Business Data
Product Owner - Small Business Card
The Brand Strategy & Experienceteam is a key part of delivery on the Small Business Card brand strategy. As we continue to grow as an organization, it is increasingly important that we create meaningful ways to extending the Spark brand promise to prospects to drive greater awareness and consideration in the marketplace.
The Brand Strategy & Experienceteam is focused on delivering iconic brand demonstrations through products and experiences that make the Small Business brand accessible to small business owners who do not have a core financial relationship with Capital One. The team has accountability for a growing portfolio of products and experiences including Business CreditWise, the content value exchange and building out our marketing technology capabilities.
If you have an interest and drive to build amazing digital products that impact the lives of business owners and help them to grow their businesses, we want you!
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy the challenge of improving our customer experience and taking it to the next level. Things that might tip us off you're not the right person for this position:
- You think Square is just a geometric shape
- Raspberry Pi looks misspelled
- You have an aversion to denim
- A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
- Thinking about your money gives you hives
In this role you will:
- Contribute to the strategy and roadmap for one or more key product initiatives. Plan research in these areas and leverage insights to shape the product backlog.
- Partner closely with technology and design teams to bring the product vision to life, delivering features in a lean, iterative, and nimble way.Lead grooming activities within an Agile team, specifically defining and writing user stories and acceptance criteria for platform and product enhancements
- Drive day-to-day prioritization of work operations, projects and scope; translate product intent to partner teams and bring in other product team members when appropriate
- Exhibit a strong command of agile product development, coaching the team towards the balance of agile best practices vs. adaptation of process, as appropriate.
- Participate in Design Thinking exercise, and other human-centered methodologies for innovation to solve complex problems and develop experiences that make meet practical needs for business owners and instill trust in the Spark brand.
- Develop an understanding of business credit and use it to drive recommendations and product decisions.
- Exhibit a bias to action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products and business models to market at rapid speed
- Demonstrate a high level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity.
- Possess a blend of strategic and tactical thinking, creative and analytic reasoning
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of digital product management experience for consumers
- At least 1 year of Agile product management experience
- 2+ years of experience in building online products
- 2+ years of experience as a Consumer Product Owner in an Agile development process
- 2+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into successful consumer products
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top