Product Owner, Small Business Banking
1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Product Owner, Small Business Banking
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact the lives of millions of small business owners daily, we want you! At Capital One, we're looking for a self-driven technologist to work as Product Managers in our Small Business Bank product group out of McLean, VA.
To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our customers. And you have to be willing to work within an agile marketing delivery pod that strives to deliver best-in-class branded experiences for our clients and our bankers.
You'll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically minded bankers, product and segment pods.
Things that might tip us off you're not the right person for this position:
- You think Square is just a geometric shape
- Raspberry Pi looks misspelled
- You have an aversion to denim
- A mobile wallet is your money running away from you
- Wireframes give you nightmares
- Thinking about your money gives you hives
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- You are passionate and curious about the technology-driven world, and empathetic to solving our customer's needs.
- You're going to be responsible for delivering an experience, so you must have worked in a product group focusing on beautiful web and mobile applications for a few years; in and around cool designers and nerdy engineers – and love it.
- You will be responsible for your product throughout the full product lifecycle.
- While a pixel perfect end deliverable is critical, you know that cranking out quality with speed is equally important.
- Work with our banking product teams, you'll need to identify opportunities and uncover untapped needs through customer research and interaction data
- Work with our engineering teams to turn insights into simple, intuitive experiences that serve our customer's banking needs
- As a Product Owner, you'll be the General Manager for your product and be accountable for its adoption, performance, and in some cases P&L. This part will require looking at some data, so you'll want to ensure that Excel doesn't scare you off. You'll also be running meetings and driving some larger projects, so you'll need to feel comfortable leading meetings and interacting with people.
As a Digital Product Manager you will be responsible to:
- Develop the multi-platform Small Business experience manifesto
- Translate requirements into concepts and elegant user experience design
- Drive visual direction and strategy for prototyping and pilot efforts.
- Create interaction models, user task flows, screen designs, and UI details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience
- Leverage outside vendors to customize their products to fit our bankers and customers' needs
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of Product Management or at least 2 years of product design experience
- At least 2 years of experience with User Experience Design, or at least 2 years of experience with Interaction Design, or at least 2 years of experience with Web and Mobile Application Design
- 2+ years of experience in web content and web design
- 2+ years of Web 2.0, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Macromedia Flash, Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS, PHP, and JSP
- 2+ years of experience on Adobe Suite
- 2+ years Omnigraffle and Balsmiq
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top