Product Owner – Card Fees & Pricing
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Product Owner – Card Fees & Pricing
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact the lives of millions daily, we want you! To fit in, you have to be passionate about delivering amazingly simple experiences that create business value while making life easier for our customers. You'll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our analytically minded, business analysts.
The Customer Terms team within US Card team provides a unique opportunity to work on products that drive some of our most important and frequent interactions with customers. As the Product Owner for our Fee and APR capabilities, you will have a unique opportunity to simultaneously drive unparalleled business value and customer experiences that Transform Lives (seriously, our top down directive is "Transform Lives").
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy the challenge of improving our customer experience and taking it to the next level. Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- A bias towards learning in market or with testing, learning from failures, and iterating quickly
- The vision and rigor to identify opportunities and uncover untapped needs through customer research and interaction data
- And then the ability and drive to deliver on those insights by driving product vision and strategy to position our digital products alongside our core financial products
- A great communicator both written and in person and experience influencing stakeholders
- As a Product Manager, you'll be the General Manager for your product and be accountable for its performance, so you need to know how to identify success metrics and measure them
- Excellent judgment in identifying and removing operational risk
In this role you will:
- Lead a newly developed, highly dynamic, and multi-disciplinary team to develop and enhance products around our APR & Fee capabilities that drive daily interactions with our customers. You will translate business strategies into products that delight our customers and position our company for substantial growth and disruption. You are a dynamic product owner familiar with Agile methodology who will rally the team and work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Collaborate with internal partners. You will be exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders in support of Capital One's lines of business.
The successful candidate will be able to understand customer expectations; industry best practices; current gaps & technical constraints; participate in developing the roadmap; drive requirements and ultimately partner with IT Delivery, Operations, enterprise teams (e.g. Legal, Compliance) and third party vendors to deliver the optimal customer experience. The Product Manager will be responsible for communicating within the cross-functional team and on behalf of the team to stakeholders and executives.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 3-5 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 2-4 years of experience in Agile product management
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top