Product Marketing Manager, Enterprise Digital
West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Product Marketing Manager, Enterprise Digital
Capital One's Enterprise Digital Product team is focused on building and shipping intuitive customer-first experiences that help people manage their money and their lives. Enterprise Digital Product Marketing drives positioning, messaging and go-to-market (GTM) strategy across a diverse portfolio of digital experiences - with a keen eye on achieving measurable business outcomes that ladder back to the master brand's strategic objectives.
- Product Roadmap: partner with product teams to develop, disseminate and attenuate a consolidated roadmap that codifies insights-based strategies for release and feature stack prioritization across B2C, B2B and B2D
- Product Positioning: develop value propositions tailored to specific audiences - and corresponding messaging strategies that crisply differentiate our products in support of full-funnel activation from awareness to advocacy and all points in between
- GTM Planning: develop and activate integrated marketing plans to achieve aggressive enrollment, usage, satisfaction and advocacy objectives. Partner with product and stakeholder teams to develop and evangelize buyer personas. Plan and execute multi-product and/or cross-audience campaigns that drive business results across the enterprise
- Marketing Analytics Stack: stand up, evolve and evangelize a consistent framework for tracking performance of integrated marketing plan components - beyond the usual suspects and going deep into the KPIs that indicate we've succeeded in delivering relevant messaging and stellar experiences focused on the "so what" for the customer
- Stakeholder Engagement: actively participate in "hub and spoke" integrated teams on behalf of product marketing; represent all Enterprise Digital Products and develop always-on consultancy model with key partners in highly matrixed environment
- Research and Insights: establish and nurture learning agenda to rigorously test marketing hypotheses; develop research backlog and manage intent so that validated insights are fueling product positioning and messaging. Sponsor, inform and execute various problem discovery and solution validation initiatives, including quantitative surveys, qualitative forums, forced choice analysis and customer advisory panels
- Ruthless Prioritization: create and obsessively manage marketing backlogs - through the aperture of business value delivery
- Rigorous Testing: discover the mix of form and function that results in winning val props and "ways in" that cut through the clutter and obsessively focus on the "so what" for the customer
- Community-Building: build a trusted network of internal cross-functional partners and serve as ombudsman of the product marketing discipline. Demonstrate how product marketing keeps the organization focused on the customer and market - and can serve as the connective tissue that marries elegant product experiences with relevant, respectful positioning and messaging
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- High level of initiative and ownership, ability to coordinate efforts across diverse functional groups
- Ability to self-direct and task switch between strategic and tactical initiatives regularly
- Succinct, focused written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Preference to be a member of a lean, nimble team where fast failure, change and evolution is expected and encouraged
- Preference to work on highly ambiguous projects - where you are expected to test hypotheses and stand up best practices that don't exist today
- Diligent listening skills and the ability to adapt approach among diverse audiences to tease out insights and pain points
- Penchant for laughing often and celebrating wins - both big and small
- High degree of comfort bringing ideas to the table that might at first seem absurd - then quickly build a case for testing and ultimately a recommendation for pursuit, scaling or abandoning
- Confidence to ask hard questions and push into uncharted territories - and not defaulting to the status quo before exploring new paths and quantifying risk / reward
THE BIG THREE:
Whole Brained - equally analytical and creative, and deftly employing both skills to deliver bold programs that deliver substantive outcomes Fearless Leadership - highly-disciplined self-starter with a strong POV who can positively, effectively lead themselves and others, often in ambiguous and/or new territory Collaboration & Influence - ability to productively partner with a wide variety of teams across the organization to advance Enterprise Digital Products goals and connect marketing activities
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of product marketing experience
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, business strategy or related business management vector
- 3+ years of product marketing experience in an extremely fast-paced, technology-forward culture
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching insights-driven integrated marketing plans and val props in support of digital experiences
- Pragmatic Marketing product marketing certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top