Product Manager Tech Fellows
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Product Manager Tech Fellows
Here at Capital One we are utilizing new technologies, development languages, and frameworks at an enterprise level and empowering the communities that surround them to introduce innovative products to the marketplace and improve our customer experience.
Aligned with this mission, Capital One created the Tech Fellows Program - an assembly of highly experienced engineers that enhance our engineering culture, leverage technology investments, and drive efficiency and risk reduction throughout our development and delivery processes. The Tech Fellows Program is a broad, cross functional team consisting of developers, builders, and tech leads across all levels with technical depth ranging from hardware design to machine learning. We have tackled problems of scale, agility, complexity, and resiliency throughout our careers, and now bring that knowledge to Capital One – working side by side with teams across the organization.
As a member of the Tech Fellows Program you will leverage your experience and expertise by demonstrating how the role of product manager can impact and drive innovation throughout our technical and digital organizations. Your role will be equal parts "doer" and "teacher." As a doer you will engage with business leaders and technology experts to define how new products are shaped and designed. As a teacher you will help us define our product management approach to both customer facing and internal facing product and propagate this framework across the organization.
- Engage: Collaborate with partners across business lines and technology experts to launch new digital products
- Lead: Identify opportunities to leverage cutting edge technologies to solve business problems.
- Mentor: Advise others on product management best practices.
- Innovate: Develop proofs of concept & prototypes for new technologies & products.
- Represent: Share our good work with technical & open source communities.
- Participate: Engage in product discussions; define or influence the roadmap
- Encourage: Enable our diverse, inclusive & customer centric culture.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At Least 5 years' experience in customer engagement, market research, and translating business strategy into digital products
- At Least 5 years' experience in full life-cycle IT development projects from scoping and designing a product and its roadmap to its development and final launch
- At Least 5 years' experience in project management with a significant amount of experience with agile development methodologies
- At least 2 years' experience working on projects that leverage open source technologies, modern frameworks, and cutting edge tools.
- At Least 10 years' experience in customer engagement, market research, and translating business strategy into digital products
- At Least 10 years' experience in full life-cycle IT development projects from scoping and designing a product and its roadmap to its development and final launch
- At Least 10 years' experience in project management with a significant amount of experience with agile development methodologies
- At least 3 years' experience working on projects that leverage open source technologies, modern frameworks, and cutting edge tools.
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top