Product Manager, Streaming Data Platform
201 Third Street (61049), United States of America, San Francisco, California
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Product Manager, Streaming Data Platform
Do you believe in the power of a platform? We're looking for that Product Manager that has the chops to understand how companies deliver value through new distribution models, empathize with customers, and build a roadmap to solve those needs. You'll span design, tech, and marketing to bring your product to market.
To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that improve people's lives by providing simple, straightforward digital tools and technology. You have to true everything back to your customer by ensuring you're both solving a need for them and delivering business value through a technically sound product. You'll be on point for:
- Leading user research and incorporating the insights you discover into new product ideas
- Building business cases for new integrations and product concepts
- Defining MVPs, building and launching products through thoughtful iterations
- Creating product specs and testing plans
- Defining success metrics and quarterly OKRs
- Communicating a vision for your product area
If you have the drive for creating a platform that transforms a company, and could impact the lives of millions of people, we want you! Things that might tip us off you're not the right person for this position:
- You think Square is just a geometric shape
- Raspberry Pi looks misspelled
- You have an aversion to denim
- You're satisfied by traditional banking experiences
Product Manager Skills:
- A bias toward action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products and business models to market at rapid speed
- Intuitively identifies impediments on the critical path and unblocks them
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Excellent communicator who can navigate a matrixed organization
- Structured problem solving to help a team work through a wide range of issues
- Intellectual curiosity for emerging technologies and engineering challenges
- Strong analytical mindset and ability to use data and logic to make compelling business cases
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- At least 1 year of experience in platform product management (Developer API or SaaS)
- At least 1 year of experience in real-time data systems such as Kafka, Kinesis, MQ, or an ESB
- Agile/Scrum Product Owner experience
- Experience with the Scaled Agile framework
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- Strong customer-focused design and UX principles
- Experience managing cross-functional teams
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top