Product Manager, Platforms
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Product Manager, Platforms
Capital One is seeking an entrepreneurial-minded Product Manager for an in-development initiative. In this role, you will take the lead in developing tools and capabilities for a new platform . Your job will include ensuring both a great developer experience and overseeing the development and integration of value-creating capabilities into the product, including payments.
As a Product Manager, you will provide business and product intent to a team of developers. You will meet with a wide variety of stakeholders, including internal executives, compliance and risk professionals, independent developers, and external enterprises, to understand their needs and views and figure out how to integrate those needs into the capabilities of our Product. You have a deep understanding of the power of Platform thinking, and appreciate the need for APIs that have great developer experiences.
- Work with a team of product engineers to build a scalable and highly usable toolset that developers love.
- Manage and prioritize the product and feature backlog for your products and APIs
- Work with internal teams to integrate critical enterprise capabilities into the product to ensure the best developer and customer experiences.
- Provide analysis and evaluation for critical capabilities such as payments, reporting, and more as they relate to the product.
- Engage with external developers, product managers and consumers to identify and prioritize critical and/or desirable capabilities
- Drive the long-term product vision and key drivers of the new product strategy at Capital One and map that vision to a foundational set of API capabilities
- Work with API designers and cross-functional teams to translate business needs into API interface & functional requirements
- Evangelize new Platform-driven business and operational models that align with the business vision
- Remain continuously informed of emerging Security, Trust, Product, Platform and API trends and engaged in the external startup and developer communities
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- You understand Platform products and the value of building extensible products that can be adapted for a variety of uses
- You understand APIs and value great developer experiences
- You have a general understanding of Payments and Money Movement via APIs
- You can communicate business requirements to technical teams and vice versa.
- You can work independently with unwavering professionalism.
- You can positively represent our brand.
- You feel at ease in complex environments.
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of Product Management or Software Development experience
- At least 3 years of experience working with development teams
- Professional API Product Management experience
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- 4+years of experience managing client or vendor relationships
- Excellent presentation skills, comfortable presenting to senior leadership
- Strong attention to detail, combined with ability to see and explain the big picture
- Experience building, consuming, documenting or supporting web APIs
- Great translator; able to speak the language of technology and of business teams
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change, and shifting priorities
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top