McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Product Manager, Manager
Are you hungry to be at the forefront of innovation, to help define and create new experiences that will benefit hundreds of millions of Americans? As a Sr. Product Manager at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to create and deliver the best solutions for our customers at a critical point in the customer's life. You will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibilities, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
Our Product Managers play a critical role in achieving transformation. As a Product Manager with Customer Resiliency, you will play a lead role in developing strategy and vision to build the next generation of capabilities that will enable success for customers impacted by hardships. You will strategize and build capabilities by partnering with Technology, Operations and product teams across the enterprise to make this vision come to life.
This Product Manager role will focus on understanding the customer experience, identifying, scoping and developing products and capabilities to meet that customer's needs. Experience with consumer market research techniques, familiarity with customer-centric design thinking principles, along with comfort analyzing data to understand customer behavior will be important in this role given the size and criticality of this program.
General areas of responsibility:
- You will lead shaping the post enrollment customer experience and contribute to the overall Card customer experience and enablement of Capital One's platform ecosystem by seeking and applying insights from dependent platforms, apps, and segments - moving from concepts to prototypes and prototypes to scalable solutions.
- Have experience working in cross-functional product teams to deliver a consumer-focused product
- Be experienced in human-centered product discovery methods such as design thinking and service design
- Blend of strategic and tactical thinking, creative and analytical reasoning. Strong quantitative background to support data-informed decision making paired with creative, outside-the-box thinking and problem-solving approach
- Track record of defining strategy, creating advocacy/alignment and being accountable for outcomes
- Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to develop and nurture stakeholder relationships and navigate and influence the organization
- You will lead a team of product owners who will work hand-in-hand with development teams that are your solutioning and delivery partners for bringing the roadmap to life and value to fruition.
Experience & Expertise
- Experience creating a framework for concept exploration, product prototyping, iteration and deprecation
- Leading research and applying research insights throughout the product development process utilizing human centered design and/or "Design Thinking"
- Experience weaving together user benefits, business strategy and technology into a comprehensive platform capability strategy (strategy, execution plan, metrics for success)
- Ability to collaborate closely with architects, designers and engineers to create platform products
- Adept at applying Agile development philosophy and practices to deliver top-tier delivery transparency, efficiency, and flexibility
- Effective communication skills throughout the process: driving a project forward, evangelizing value, executive summaries
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- At least 3 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).