Product Manager, Intelligent Assistants
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Product Manager, Intelligent Assistants
In March of 2016, the Capital One Digital Messaging team launched the first skill providing financial account access on the Amazon Alexa platform. In March of 2017, the team launched the first natural language SMS chatbot from a U.S. bank. We're looking for a passionate AI product manager who will help us pioneer proactive conversations for our AI-powered intelligent assistant and chatbot products.
A successful candidate will be able to leverage user and market research, AI research, industry best practices and design thinking methodologies to inform the roadmap. You should be exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about translating customer needs into a proactive, conversational experience. You can demonstrate success with new product development using both quantitative and qualitative measurement methods. You are resourceful, analytical, self-motivating and have great attention to detail.
Establish and execute a customer-focused and AI-driven strategy for proactive conversations that optimizes customer success and key metrics for Capital One
- Define and lead customer research to understand how our intelligent assistants can help customers achieve their goals through AI-driven proactive reminders and insights.
- Define and execute on a conversational AI product roadmap focused on using machine learning to optimize how our intelligent assistant communicate proactively with customers
- Collaborate with the design and product teams to define customer experiences for AI-driven proactive conversations and align with the enterprise digital messaging strategy
- Collaborate with the AI engineering team to Identify and continuously refine the use of customer data for machine learning feature engineering
- Develop and scale processes for training machine learning models
- Support AI product objectives for proactive communication with business cases, product success metrics, design thinking, customer feedback, market research, marketing strategy and competitive analysis
- Closely collaborate with technology, design, marketing, and business unit leaders to define and prioritize roadmaps
- Lead AI product development within an agile environment, specifically documenting user stories, acceptance criteria, experience design, and AI training
- Develop and communicate best practices for AI-driven customer experiences
- Learn, understand and help with AI product presentations for line of business partners and leadership
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Experience developing customer-facing products powered by machine learning and AI
- Familiarity with machine learning and other AI techniques
- Experience with digital messaging, including mobile notifications, SMS, and email
- Passion for transforming customer experiences and working on the front lines of digital innovation
- A passion for getting your hands dirty by using products as an early adopter, testing prototypes and digging into user research
- Experience developing products with a customer-first, design thinking approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, comfortable presenting to senior leadership and tailoring to multiple audiences
- Strong business acumen and ability to steer roadmap to measurable outcomes for both customers and the business
- Leadership experience, including demonstrated ability to meet commitments, build consensus, negotiate resolutions, and garner respect from other teams
- Strong analytical skills, ability to solve problems quickly, establish frameworks, ability to assess opportunities with hard data
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- 3+ years' experience in digital product management
- 3+ years of experience developing digital products using Agile methodology
- 1+ years in AI product management
- Startup experience
- Management of digital products reaching a scaled audience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top