Product Manager, Insights & Advanced Analytics
- Vienna, VA
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Product Manager, Insights & Advanced Analytics
Capital One is the only founder-led Top 10 bank in the US. We offer industry-leading credit cards, checking accounts, savings accounts, auto loans and other financial products that are central to the way that more than 65 million people live every day.
Join us in our endeavor to build an enterprise-wide personalization and experimentation platform that gives all Capital One customers real-time, personalized, intelligent experiences to support our suite of award-winning digital products, including our website, mobile app and messaging. We leverage our data assets to develop a deep understanding of customers' needs and goals, and use a variety of statistical and machine learning approaches to deliver "the right message to the right customer at the right time in the right channel," so that they are empowered, informed, and have a great customer experience.
In this role, you will own the definition and adoption of our Insights platform that surfaces the actionable intelligence leveraging a goldmine of digital engagement data. The insights platform is a core component of the intelligence layer of our core platform powering experimentation sciences and a portfolio of Machine Learning products such as Recommendation Engines, Reinforcement Learning, Decision Support Systems. The Insights platform consists of unified data contracts, machine learning models for attribution, factor analysis, predictions and a scalable cloud services architecture that powers a self-service layer for our users.
You will lead a high-performing team of data scientists and big-data engineers, and partner with product leaders across Capital One's Digital Enterprise Platform group as well as business leaders across our Lines of Business.
As a Product Manager, Insights & Advanced Analytics, you will:
- Build and evolve an intelligent Insights product that exemplifies data-driven storytelling through actionable and guided self-service user experience.
- Design a library of KPIs to reflect product, program and business performance resulting from digital engagement acros 50M+ customers
- Evangelize a community contribution model for intelligent analytics components
- Collaborate on data contracts with stakeholders to drive integration
- Provide thought leadership within and outside of the team, and contribute to the product roadmap for the experimentation and personalization platform that will power the customer experiences of the future.
- Evolve the unified data model that powers our experimentation and personalization platform, focused on digital customer data - ingestion, enrichment, unification and democratization.
- Establish or participate in Design Thinking, Agile, and LEAN rituals which establish rhythm for the team, promote ongoing communication, and iterative refinement of roadmaps
- Drive build-vs-buy decisions in our product development process, combing the landscape for potential Fintech partners in various stages of maturity
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience with Business Intelligence technology stack built using public cloud services
- Deep understanding of digital engagement KPIs and conversion rate optimization
- Passion for AI/ML technology and ability to define visionary products
- Ability to analyze data using SQL, Tableau or a similar BI tool
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders and be measured by your ability to satisfy internal customer needs
- Credibility to evangelize evidence-based product management
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies
- Exceptional communication skills- someone who is an engaging storyteller and is at ease presenting to executives.
- Creative problem solver who lives at the intersection of Human, Business and Technology dimensions. Deep fluency and experience in at least two of these dimensions, with solid understanding of the third.
- Blend of both strategic and tactical thinking- someone who can identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts, and then organize thematic work areas in deep detail, thus aligning long term vision with iterative execution
- Collaborative, team player attitude with the ability to navigate and influence the organization
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in product management for data & analytics products
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 3+ years of experience in Agile product management
- 2+ years of experience working with digital engagement or content marketing
- 1+ year(s) experience with enterprise platform products
Relocation support provided
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top