Product Manager - Data Products
West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Product Manager - Data Products
Manager, Data Product Owner - Product Management
We're looking for an experienced data product manager to drive prioritization and guide design and development teams building software products for our Commercial bank. Want to change the way our associates use and consume data? Looking to lead an integrated team using leading-edge technology, human-centered design thinking and agile methods? Can you apply creative problem-solving skills to solve complex business challenges?
If so, you may be the next Data Product Manager to drive the digital data agenda for Capital One Commercial Banking.
Do you subscribe to the mantra that data is king? Well, at Capital One, data is at the core of everything we do--whether that is building the next great financial product or understanding how and where people use credit. We have been relentlessly innovating since our inception. Today we are a high-tech company, a scientific laboratory, and a nationally recognized brand all in one that reaches tens of millions of consumers. We are a passionate and entrepreneurial team that embraces bold ideas, fosters collaboration and delivers great experiences for our customers. If you are a dreamer, innovator, visionary, and leader, then this is the place for you.
Data Product Owners play a critical role in achieving our strategy. They lead teams of designers, engineers, data scientists and analysts to define product strategy and develop, launch, and enhance data products and services that drive our business forward.
We are selectively recruiting for a Data Product Owner to work within our new team to develop and launch a customer master that will reinvent how we consume, store and use our Commercial customers' data.
What will you do?
- Drive definition of strategy and success metrics for the customer data master and be accountable for the full product lifecycle
- Engage with associates across all Commercial lines of business and Enterprise support teams (e.g. Legal, HR, Compliance) to identify optimal data flows and data uses
- Maintain the source-of-truth roadmaps, in conjunction with the Senior Product Manager, and coordinate with different teams to execute (Tech, Data Analysts, Data Transformation, Business Stakeholders, Change Management)
- Develop detailed product specifications with user scenarios, acceptance criteria and success measures - like product instrumentation, data storage, accessibility, usability via tools, data grain and frequency - generally reduce the number of assumptions that engineers have to make
- Prioritize work within the pod and follow agile practices (story writing, grooming, planning, change management)
- Support end-user go-live/launch activities as needed (end-user training, marketing collateral, etc.)
- Work in a hands-on, collaborative environment with top designers and engineers to build breakthrough experiences and data products that solve our users' most critical needs
Here's what you'll need to be successful:
- Understanding of how data products solve for analytical and operational use cases
- Significant experience applying analytical rigor to support technology decisions
- A bias to action and a proven track record of shipping successful products which exceed user expectations
- Knowledge and passion for emerging technologies and how they are used to empower developers and businesses to deliver great products.
- Grounding in human-centered design with a natural empathy for users
- Strategic thinking and an ability to effectively identify opportunities for growth in new businesses and markets
- A high level of intellectual curiosity and comfort with ambiguity
- Structured communication & storytelling skills who can explain complex data problems to all audiences
- Basic programming and algorithm development experience
- Familiarity with open-source tools
- Experience in designing and creating the architecture of CRM or MDM solutions
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in agile product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Engineering
- 3+ years of experience leading agile teams to launch B2B or data products
- 3+ years translating business strategy and data analysis into digital products
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top