Product Manager, Consumer Identity
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Product Manager, Consumer Identity
Capital One is looking for a motivated Product Manager to join the Consumer Identity team. This person will drive authentication related intent to ensure users can safely and simply gain access to their accounts, while also identifying new and innovative ways to shape the future of log in. This person will lead a team building the services and experiences behind Enterprise Authentication and partner with business partners across all Lines of Business, IT, Architecture, Brand, Legal, Compliance etc. to bring intent to life.
This role requires expertise in the following areas:
Product Development: You will manage the entire digital Product Lifecycle from concept through launch. This will include identifying opportunities and innovating around them, driving customer-centric research to validate features and inform user experience, creating business cases to influence business leaders, producing documentation such as product requirements and project plans, and having the ability to manage these projects under aggressive time frames with assuring goals, budgets and deadlines are met.
Strategic Thinking: You will translate business goals into strategies and then tactical digital products. This includes understanding your users and their needs / pain points as well as business objective in order to uncover new opportunities. In doing so you will work closely with various business leaders across the company to evangelize your goals and product to earn consensus.
Initiative/Problem Solving: You will work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities which requires initiative, flexibility, innovation and team focus to be successful. Judgement is key, and you will use your problem solving skills that help identify, isolate and resolve problems and issues in a timely fashion to negate or minimize customer impact.
Leadership/Accountability: You must possess strong leadership skills and serve as the primary contact for assigned initiatives. You're able to influence and manage cross-functional projects - and develop close working relationships with other departments in the company as well as external contacts.
Here's what you will need to be successful:
- Strong 'self-startability' and initiative in order to navigate complex subject matter in a large organization
- Strong agile product management experience including the ability to set vision, establish a roadmap, set goals, write stories and execute
- Comfort with establishing relationships across levels in the organization including senior leadership
- Experience with developing and building on APIs integrated widely across a large organization
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, collaboration, communication (written, verbal and technical), presentation, negotiation, influence and problem-solving skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders at one time
We're going to love your ability to work:
- Autonomously, as well as lead cross-functional teams
- In fast-paced, complex and ambiguous environments
- On multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years in digital product management
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Computer Science or Engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top