Product Manager - Cloud Custodian
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Product Manager - Cloud Custodian
Capital One is building a next-generation banking experience: one that blows past the industry status quo and delivers a world-class digital experience that resonates with how consumers live their lives. To do that, Capital One needs to expand its suite of services far beyond what normal banks expect of themselves.
Capital One's EVOLVEit Team, an elite product development group in Virginia, is tasked with building internal tools that accelerate Capital One's migration to the cloud as scale.
The EVOLVEit Team is seeking an experienced technical product manager to create and manage the underlying capabilities behind the new products Capital One creates. This role is focused on creating capabilities across different products, ultimately building the capacity to ship faster, learn more, and reinvent banking faster.
What you'll do:
- Work with internal stakeholders, customers, engineers and product owners to determine core capabilities that can be abstracted into a cross-product platform
- Manage the roadmap of new capabilities, building on services that exist deep inside bank architecture but that need to be exposed in a modern, flexible manner
- Maintain close ties to developers across the company, ensuring the services we create meet their needs as products evolve
- Iterate quickly and see the products through to production and scale
- Establish product metrics and ROI
What you'll bring:
- You have demonstrated a quick, deep technical understanding of developer needs and how to address them
- You're a great storyteller: you can inspire teams about things that should exist that don't exist yet
- Engage and evangelize with internal stakeholders and the open source community as new capabilities as they are delivered
- Build user communities around products
- Knowledge of cloud Technologies
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 3 years' of experience as a modern platform manager
- At least 3 years' experience translating business strategy and analysis into product requirement
- At least 2 years' experience building and launching applications on cloud platforms
- At least 1 year of Agile product management experience
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience managing products from inception to production
- Experience managing open source products
- Certified Product Owner
- Certified SAFE PM/PO
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. No agencies please.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top