Product Manager - Card Core
West Creek 8 (12080), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Product Manager - Card Core
Do you get excited about building the core technology that powers customer experiences that are simple, beautiful and effective? Do you want to apply your skills to help drive massive customer experience and economic transformation across Capital One's Card Business?
The Capital One Card Core Platform Team is looking for an exceptional Product Manager who will define and execute our Data platform strategy:
- Develop a compelling product vision for core card platforms to deliver capabilities that empower differentiated customer experiences and deliver breakthrough business value.
- Establish strategic product roadmaps and an agile delivery operational structure in partnership with Tech that is efficient, transparent, and flexible.
- Manage a broad set of senior stakeholders across the enterprise who manage the downstream processes, technology, controls, and customer-facing experiences that depend on the capabilities and performance of Core platforms.
As a Product Manager you will work with technology architects, data scientists, service designers, process engineers and developers to translate human insights, downstream user feedback, and technology capabilities into scalable, resilient, and efficient consumer-centric services. You will develop technology solutions to help us better serve Card customers.
General areas of responsibility:
- You will be involved in shaping and contributing to the overall customer experience by applying insights, moving from concepts to prototypes and prototypes to scalable solutions.
- You will develop hypotheses, build MVPs, and run pilots determining product, feature, and capability fit.
- You will be a part of overall thought leadership around platform development at the intersection of data+design+tech.
- You will collaborate with an extended team beyond the card digital channels and platform organization
Qualities and characteristics to be successful in this role:
- Strategic: You are comfortable navigating between the big ideas and executional realities to create an achievable plan that drives progression
- Analytical: You need to develop business case for MVP as well as ongoing development
- Articulate: You can communicate complex ideas clearly, both the why and the what. Your manager and other stakeholders understand the purpose and the plan. Your team is in sync and aligned.
- Leadership: You are able to get people of different disciplines to pull together in the same direction against an understood goal. You are also able to coach others and be a mentor in product development.
- Open-minded: You have your own perspective and methodology. But this does not prevent you from trying new things. Ultimately you are curious and believe in continual learning and evolution.
- Action-Oriented: You have an urgency to progress, you try things, and sometimes you fail. But you apply those learning to move forward
- Fearless: Big, undefined problems don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut
Experience & Expertise
- Experience creating a framework for concept exploration, product prototyping, iteration and deprecation
- Leading research and applying research insights throughout the product development process utilizing human centered design and/or "Design Thinking"
- Experience weaving together user benefits, business strategy and technology into a comprehensive consumer product strategy (strategy, execution plan, metrics for success)
- Ability to collaborate closely with designers and engineers to create platform products
- Applying Agile development philosophy and practice
- Passion for holistic experience design that incorporates usability and utility
- Effective communication skills throughout the process: driving a project forward, evangelizing value, executive summaries
- Collaborative, team player attitude (confidence without attitude)
- Startup experience and/or some time at a well-oiled large company in a role working with technology products
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- 3-5 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 3-5 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top