Product Manager, Card Controls
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Product Manager, Card Controls
We are transforming our Credit Card Authorizations process by leveraging the power of Machine Learning and putting power into the hands of our customers. Our team is called Customer Controls, part of the Auth IQ organization, and we're accountable for enabling amazing customer experiences as well as deciding if every customer purchase is approved or declined in the blink of an eye. Each day, we are making faster and better decisions on millions of customer transactions through powerful data-driven insights. We're constantly looking for new ways to transform the spending experience by providing consumers with total control and frictionless ways to pay. We need rigorous, business-savvy, and technically-minded product managers to join us on the journey.
We are an Agile organization that's light on process, but big on value. In this role, you'll lead a cross-functional Agile team to build and maintain components that support millions of real-time Authorizations decisions per day. You will be accountable for translating high-level business goals into a tactical backlog and guiding your team through weekly sprints. You will need to be adept at developing product roadmaps and driving well-managed practices that equip us to easily extend the platform to new use cases.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead an Agile team to deliver working software that supports millions of customer transactions per day
• Develop the strategy for building and evolving services into full-fledged products (both internal and external-facing)
• Collaborate with other product managers to align dependencies and releases for related products
• Define and report on key value and delivery metrics
• Deliver iterative value that minimizes uncertainty and mitigates risk
• Contribute to the best practices of our product team
Characteristics we're looking for:
• A bias toward action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products and business models to market at rapid speed
• Ability to proactively identify impediments on the critical path and remove them
• Excellent communication skills to navigate a matrixed organization, and tell compelling stories with ease to senior executives
• A structured problem-solving approach to help a team work through a wide range of issues
• Intellectual curiosity for emerging technologies and engineering challenges
• Ability to prioritize across different types of value dimensions
• Ability to actively seek out multiple opinions, yet make independent decisions and influence positive outcomes
• Bachelor's Degree or military experience
• At least 1 year of working in an Agile methodology
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• MBA or Master's degree
• At least 2 years of experience in shipping product
• At least 1 year of experience with the Scaled Agile framework
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top