Product Manager, Authentication
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Product Manager, Authentication
Capital One's Digital Team is recruiting a Product Manager to own a customer facing authentication product line within our mobile flagship apps. You will have the rare opportunity to work at the vanguard of digital consumer experiences for mobile, digital commerce and banking. The Product Manager will own these features and be accountable for leading agile development teams and providing product requirements. The Product Manager will be responsible for the design and development of new mobile authentication capabilities and ongoing management and enhancement of existing capabilities.
In this role you will:
- Lead rock-star teams of engineers and designers to enhance our flagship Capital One mobile apps by developing new authentication products to improve the user experience and enhance security.
- Work in an agile environment.
- Define end-to-end customer experiences, write user stories, drive requirements, and manage roadmaps and backlogs.
- Test and learn through customer research, production tests, and performance analysis to evolve our products, define rollout strategies and scale features.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and business lines to translate business strategies into products; partner with Delivery, Operations, and Enterprise (e.g. Legal, Compliance) teams, as well as third party vendors to ship features that delight our customers and improve their security.
- Communicate and evangelize for the team to your peers, stakeholders and executives.
- Work hand-in-hand with leadership to deliver solutions for Digital goals and make Mobile the primary servicing platform for Capital One.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Understand customer expectations and authentication security industry best practices;
- Participate in developing the roadmap, drive requirements and ultimately partner with IT Delivery, Operations, enterprise teams (e.g. Legal, Compliance) and third party vendors to deliver the optimal customer experience.
- Collaborate with marketing, technology, operations, brand, compliance, and business partners to coordinate and allocate resource, activities, and investments to maximize impact and overall return on investment.
- Facilitate and support a governance process that ensures stakeholder visibility,
buy-in, and cross functional participation required to deliver digital programs to target audiences.
- At least 3 years of experience managing consumer-facing mobile products, including apps and mobile web
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- An obsession in customer experience and making good apps great
- An ability to turn business strategy and analysis into user-friendly digital products
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top