- Richmond, VA
West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Within the Identity Services team, we are transforming our customer's digital experiences by leveraging the power of Machine Learning. Data is a pivotal factor in the success of our Machine Learning journey. Producing clean data in real-time for every customer digital touch point will allow our systems to make real-time intelligent decisions. Each day will require a discernible eye for where we can find the most leverage and where our teams' talents will deliver the most value. This will all be done in an ambiguous setting that will require a Product Manager to proactively build and lead cross-functional relationships across myriad of teams and titles. We need rigorous, business-savvy, and technically minded product managers to join us along the way, who will obsess over providing the right insight at the right time so as to meaningfully impact our customers in every digital touchpoint with Capital One.
In this role, you'll develop and hone skills in identifying the real time data needs, setting data standards and patterns for these use cases and have the opportunity to own these prioritized initiatives from ideation to delivery. You'll be the lynchpin across many teams and will be the sole owner for clearly laying out the vision, approved patterns and standards for the larger team's success. We want you to be obsessive on the "why," and to develop articulate stories on the "how." You'll also be expected to evangelize your teams progress and wins with senior stakeholders as well as partner teams and should be well-versed in both the business and technical aspects of your products.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with teams from across the Capital One organization to identify data needs to solve complex business problems
- Lead the identity services organization along its data modernization journey
- Advocate for opportunities to improve the richness of our strategic data to help accelerate long term customer success
- Build domain expertise around data production standards (internal and industry)
- Critically evaluate and prioritize product features to align with business priorities
- Use Design Thinking (or another, empathy-driven approach) best practices to develop clear use cases, problem statements, and business value
- Own the product roadmap and delivery for prioritized use cases that are identified
Characteristics we're looking for:
- A bias toward action and a proven track record of delivering minimum viable products and business models to market at rapid speed
- Ability to proactively set the standards for data lifecycle and drive change management
- Excellent communication skills to engage an organization of multiple specialties, and tell compelling stories with ease to senior executives
- A structured problem-solving approach to help a teamwork through a wide range of issues
- Intellectual curiosity and domain expertise in data management
- Ability to prioritize across competing priorities and quickly changing landscape
- Ability to actively seek out multiple opinions, yet make independent decisions and influence positive outcomes
- A passion for compelling value-driven storytelling
- Strong customer-focused design thinking skills (internal and external)
- Experience managing cross-functional teams and ambiguous environment
- Experience delivering products in an enterprise environment
- Experience evaluating in-market performance of delivered product
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years in digital product management
- At least 3 years of people management experience
- At least 1 year of working in an Agile methodology
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- MBA or Master's degree
- At least 3 years of experience in implementing and shipping data products
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top