Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Capital One's Digital Identity is looking for a Product Manager to join the Threat Detection team which is focused on protecting customers from bad actors.
As a Product Manager at Capital One you will have the opportunity to work at the vanguard of digital consumer authentication experience for commerce and banking.
In this role you will be responsible for understanding and analyzing potential threatening activity, leading a team to build and manage protections for our customers, and outsmarting bad actors to always be one step ahead.
Specifically, you will:
1. Lead a highly dynamic and multi-disciplinary team to build, tune and support multiple defense products to protect all properties across our enterprise
2. Build and enhance features that allow us to learn and control bad activity
3. Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the business to ensure all points of access are protected
4. Work with a highly skilled technical team to ensure excellence and cutting edge technology
The successful candidate will be able to understand customer experience and act as an advocate for users to understand and ensure efforts to protect do not impact legitimate customers. They will be able to work with multiple stakeholders to ensure all digital properties adhere to expected standards and report out on this.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track-record of leading the delivery of high-quality digital products and services in an Agile development environment. They will be able to articulate how the activities under their stewardship directly impact the business and ensure that business requirements are translated into digital solutions that get delivered on-time and on-budget.
They will manage operational planning and delivery of key strategic digital experience programs/products across our channels, translating digital strategy through deployment of best-in-class digital experiences and reporting.
They will also collaborate with technology, operations, cyber, compliance, and business partners to coordinate and manage resources and activities to maximize impact and overall return on investment.
Success requires the following:
- A strong 'self-startability' and initiative in order to navigate complex subject matter in a large organization
- Strong Agile product management experience including the ability to set vision, establish a roadmap, set goals, write stories and execute
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, collaboration, communication (written, verbal and technical), presentation, negotiation, influencing and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing delivery of full-stack digital solutions
- Ability to lead or collaborate with cross-functional resources to manage and resolve interdependencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proven track-record of successfully briefing team members at all levels of an organization
- Understanding of web analytics and metrics
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master's degree
- At least 3 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- At least 3 years of experience in Agile product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top