Product Design Lead
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Product Design Lead
The Integrated Experiences team specializes in human-centered design for associate experiences. As a part of our On-Demand Finance effort, we are developing integrated and resilient finance systems that will enable an end-to-end finance service. As a Product Design lead, you will be working with UX designers, product managers, business stakeholders and developers to produce digital experiences for 1100+ finance associates. As someone that lives at the intersection of design and business, you pride yourself in confidently driving projects from strategy through execution. You've got a whole arsenal of tools and techniques at your disposal that you dispatch appropriately depending on the customer and business needs. You think larger than just the work at hand, considering scalability and adaptability across products and platforms.
As a Design Lead on this team, you will:
• Lead and contribute to projects through discovery, synthesis, ideation, design, and testing of new product and service concepts.
• Use a breadth of methodologies (design research, collaborative work sessions, prototyping) to deliver to project objectives in changing business contexts.
• Develop new product/feature concepts, frameworks, portfolio/product prioritization, roadmaps, etc that help drive strategic definition of the desired experience
• Translate insights and strategy into concept prototypes to communicate your vision through your artifacts.
• Translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems.
• Provide design/UX direction for development, testing, and refinement of digital and service prototypes
• Use visual and tangible storytelling to share your discoveries, influence stakeholders and create energy around an idea or an initiative
• Drive the creative direction of products and platforms you work on
• Craft design roadmaps and communicate with business, product and tech partners to set expectations and deliver accordingly
• Build and motivate a team of designers to do their best work, meet stakeholder needs, while helping them grow professionally
What You'll Bring:
• A portfolio that highlights strong web experience designing for data intensive applications at scale
• Solid UI/UX experience
• Ability to work with low fidelity and high-fidelity deliverables
• Experience creating prototypes that showcase design concepts and interaction patterns
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
• Experience creating prototypes at various levels of fidelity to articulate and test user flows, UI design, and/or UI animation using modern tools (e.g., InVision, Figma, Flinto, Pixate, UXPin, Keynote, etc)
• Excellent problem-solving and relationship management skills
• Interest in service design with experience using service design methods.
• Ability to clearly communicate your design decisions with partners and influence the shape of the product using research, user journeys, interactive prototypes, and high-quality wireframes
• Ability to advocate the value of Design, and inspire partners and teammates through elegant presentation and storytelling capabilities
You're a good fit if you:
• Enjoy working as part of multi-disciplinary teams and influencing the design perspective while balancing business and technical needs and constraints
• Are comfortable navigating through ambiguous problem spaces in pursuit of clarity and concrete outcomes
• Use design to communicate complex concepts simply and always strive to make things tangible, whether they're conversations, frameworks, or ideas
• Don't get overwhelmed or flustered easily. You're able to keep track of many projects at once, manage your time efficiently and appropriately communicate scheduling with the broader team
• Stay on top of the latest technology trends and are up for the challenge of finding ways to responsibly use those technologies and techniques
• Are comfortable working with data as a raw material. You think carefully about presenting it in a way that helps users focus on what's important
• Are curious with a bias toward action
• Actively seek out ways to elevate others and add to the culture of any team you are a part of
• Bachelor's Degree or military experience
• At least 2 years experience leading a team of User Experience (UX) designers
• At least 5 years of experience with design thinking tools
• At least 5 years of experience with User Experience (UX) design
• Master's Degree in design or business
• Experience designing for data presentation
• 5+ years of experience on multi-disciplinary teams delivering service experiences
• 2+ years of people management experience
• 4+ years of experience leading a team of UX designers
• 5+ years of experience with standard digital design tools (i.e. Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite)
• 7+ years of experience with a digital product & services company
• 7+ years of experience in design strategy, UX design, communication design, or industrial design
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top