Process Manager, Senior Associate
North York (93006), Canada, North York,Toronto, Ontario,
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Process Manager, Senior Associate
You will be responsible for day to day process management within our customer payments and disbursements team, ensuring the timely and accurate handling of all our inbound payments and outbound refunds. The Process Manager applies their skills to the design, management, and optimization of business processes. You will work with extended teams across the enterprise and supply chain structure to ensure that the bank's business processes are performing optimally and that business strategies are implemented within quality, time and cost goals. Process Managers have the opportunity to:
- Participate in Capital One's Lean transformation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams as they execute marketing, operations and other business strategies - ensuring we deliver exceptional products and services to our customers
- Apply management skills such as communications and change leadership to help drive key priorities like product launches, technology changes, and continuous improvement
- Use a variety of techniques and tools to define, manage and improve processes, like Visual Management, Business Process Management, Lean, and Six Sigma
- Apply different methods for process improvement such as variation reduction, waste elimination, or risk mitigation techniques.
- Collaborate with process owner and various departments in different locations to develop and execute effective processes within Card Operations
- Support projects by partnering with IT, other departments, and vendors to ensure processes are built to be effective and efficient
- Identify operational breakdowns and inefficiencies to drive action to streamline and simplify existing processes
- Analyze and improve existing processes
- Ensure that processes are in compliance with enterprise standards and regulations
- Maintain knowledge of operational procedures and ensure documentation is relevant and updated
- Perform quality assurance routines on existing processes
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Commerce or Science
- At least 2 years of experience designing, building, managing and improving processes
- At least 1 year of experience applying Lean thinking methodologies
- Experience working in the Financial Industry
- Experience partnering with IT in Agile environments
Capital One Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top