Privileged Access Management Architect
McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Privileged Access Management Architect
Want to make a difference? Capital One is actively seeking a seasoned information security leader to head up our Privileged Access Management (PAM) program. Candidates should have with experience in leading security initiatives or privileged access a large financial organization.
- Lead the PAM program, securing Capital One's platforms, applications and devices.
- Oversee the PAM capabilities as Capital One makes its aggressive move to the cloud.
- Develop and maintain technology and operations roadmaps for privileged security infrastructure components, including but not limited to intrusion prevention/detection, user monitoring, vaulting, least privilege and security event information management (SEIM)
- Design solutions for privileged isolation, implementing Least Privilege, monitoring and alerting, just in time provisioning, context-based access control, risk-based access control, and programmatic credential management (application to application).
- Oversee the creation and implementation of governance to ensure the program's success well into the future.
- Partner closely with LOB's, IAM peers, and Information Security to reduce risk while minimizing friction
- Lead a geographically dispersed matrixed team of information security engineers, IAM engineers, and program participants
- Develop long term relationships with peers at other financial institutions by active participation in industry forums including FS-ISAC, BITS, IANS, ISF, etc.
- Partner with other Information Security leadership team members to collectively build and drive the Information Security Program, Strategy, and Roadmap.
- At least 10 years of Information Security experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Privileged Access Management
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent military experience
- United States Security Clearance (Secret or higher)
- 3+ years' experience in leading a large financial institution's information security operations organization
- Must be able to communicate with ease with other leaders and executives in Information Security, Information Technology, and non-technical Business Operations areas.
- Information Security certification such as CISSP, CISM, etc
- Experience with PAM and Least Privilege platforms such as CyberArk, Lieberman, Thycotic, Xceedium, Hitachi PAM, Centrify, and PowerBroker
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Information Security
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top