Principal Software Engineer – Front End Web (AngularJS)
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Software Engineer – Front End Web (AngularJS)
Accountable for delivery of a portion of a platform or project (Agile team) initiative. This role is part of building large scale reliable applications that impact the way Capital One does business. You will participate in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you will actively participate in story planning and detailed daily standups, while providing input for architectural design decisions, and developing code to meet story acceptance criteria. You will have the opportunity to continuously develop technical knowledge and skills on multiple platforms, and educate team members (including BSAs, Scrum Masters and Product Owners) on the capabilities and constraints of technologies.
- Develops a framework with some complexity
- Has a working knowledge of standards and languages
- Has expertise over required domains / software packages
- Ability to grasp new technologies rapidly as needed to progress varied initiatives
- Builds robust systems with an eye on the long term maintenance and support of the application
- Able to breakdown complex integration issues and resolve them
- Looks to leverage and espouse standards across the team and organization
- Understands complex multi-tier, multi-platform systems
- Contributes to cross team design / development via technical leadership / mentoring
- Conduct empathy interviews with end users to understand their business needs either individually or through design thinking sessions
- Prototype, Build, and Ideate productivity integrations and solutions that use cutting edge technology to solve for complex business problems
- Collaborate daily with an energetic team of like-minded individuals to create exciting new ideas and solution that floor our customer base with their experience
- Continuously learn new technologies and leverage those to continue to stay in front of our customer’s needs
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of not only your solutions but the whole teams
- Stay on top of technical trends, experiment and learn new technologies, participate in internal and external communities and conferences, and mentor others in the developer community
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in software development
- At least 1 year of experience in one of the following: RDBMS, SQL, MySQL, No-SQL, RDS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB or DynamoDB
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Engineering or military experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- 1+ years of experience in one of the following Build and CICD technologies: GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus or Sonar
- 1+ year of experience in one of the following technologies: AWS, Docker, Chef/Ansible
- 1+ years of experience in one of the following Quality Assurance technologies: ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, JUnit, SoapUI and Postman
- 1+ years of experience with Agile development methodologies including Scrum and SAFe best practices
- 1+ years of experience working in banking or financial services industries
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform a job, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Director, Digital Product Marketing
Mazen is transforming the financial industry, one groundbreaking product at a time. By applying imaginative marketing techniques, Mazen shines the spotlight on Capital One’s most impactful financial technologies.
Back to top