Principal Software Engineer
7900 Westpark Drive (12131), United States of America, Tysons, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Software Engineer
Are you a Principal Software Engineer that thrives in a vibrant, innovative and collaborative team? A master coder who has passion and a desire to remain hands-on in a rapid, dynamic environment? Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. We're changing banking for good. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask "what if?"
Love building innovative solutions for large scale critical applications? Are you passionate to help improve the availability, performance, scalability and security of capital one products? Take on a leadership challenge with our Monitoring Intelligence Technology Department and be a part of Capital One's growing organization!
As a Software Engineering Principal, your responsibilities will include all aspects of software engineering within our batch engineering team, from design and analysis to development, implementation and maintenance. You must be a proactive and hardworking individual. You will be a contributing member of a team that implements next gen monitoring products, improve existing product with new technologies & solutions, play a hands-on development and design role, and deliver product in a rapid and dynamic environment.
• 6+ years of software engineering/development experience
• Object-oriented programming and design skills
• Experience with distributed systems and service-oriented architectures
• Knowledge of open source application servers like Tomcat or JBoss
• Knowledge of RDBMS like Oracle, Postgres or MySQL
• Experience with Java (J2EE / J2SE) and related technologies: Spring Framework, JUnit / TestNG
• Experience with data-driven web development, including strong knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
• Experience in developing highly scalable secure web applications and knowledge of application vulnerabilities such as Cross Site Scripting (XSS), Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) etc.
• Experience in building RESTful services
• Full-stack development experience a huge plus
• Experience in Scrum and Agile methodologies
• Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, design patterns, enterprise architecture and software engineering principles
• Evaluates new technologies and stays current with tech Industry's best practices
• Works well as part of a fast-paced product development team
• Bachelor's Degree or Military Experience
• At least 3 years of experience with open source technologies
• At least 3 years of experience developing with Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Storm, Nifi, or StreamSets
• At least 3 years of experience with noSQL or Relational databases
• Master's Degree
• 2 + years of experience with emerging technologies (BigData, Machine Learning, Open Source, or cloud)
• 2+ years of experience on batch engineering/scheduling solutions
• 2+ years of building applications in AWS or any cloud environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top