Principal Risk Specialist- Card Risk
West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Risk Specialist- Card Risk
Would you love influencing key decision makers in the largest line of business at Capital One? Are you eager to tell an untold story with data, articulating US Card's risk profile to senior leaders? If so, you could be on the verge of taking the next great leap in your career as a Principal Risk Associate for US Card! If you are curious and eager to learn new things, love problem solving, have a deep reverence for risk management and love to have fun at work, this may the role for you!
As a Principal Risk Associate in US Card, you'll be responsible for working across the Division to identify, assess, and consult on potential risks to US Card and Capital One. Principal Risk Associates at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills. These skills allow the Principal Risk Associate to gain insights, and act as a change agent to influence their business partners. As Capital One evolves to meet the ever changing technology landscape, so do our Risk Managers. A successful Risk Manager operates from a foundation of knowledge about the Line of Business with whom they are working, laws/regulations and good Risk Management practices. They are forward thinking, quick to adapt, and technologically adept. Principal Risk Associates have the opportunity to work with Executives to create and implement innovative solutions to appropriately manage risks within the Card business.
- Manage the Regulation AB ("Reg AB") compliance and certification program for US Card, which governs our Asset-Backed securities accounts
- Interface with the business and Accountable Executives in US Card on the requirements and scope of Reg AB and provide recommendations on controls, policies, procedures and/or mitigation plans to ensure adherence to the regulation
- Monitor any exceptions with impacts to Regulation AB and consult with Legal and Compliance on materiality of identified exceptions
- Present periodic updates and program metrics to Reg AB Executives and key stakeholders in US Card
- Lead the annual audit of Capital One's securitization portfolio in US Card
- Oversee US Card's compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act:
- Serve as US Card liaison for the SOX Advisory Team
- Assist with the quarterly SOX 302 and annual SOX 404 certification process for US Card
- Provide guidance and support to the US Card Line of Business related to SOX compliance
- Facilitate periodic training sessions for US Card SOX Accountable Executives and Control Designees
- Provide ongoing risk management to the US Card business through support of Card's Assessment Program:
- Serve as a risk consultant to the US Card line of business providing advice and guidance as required
- Partner with Legal, Compliance and other risk stewards in the second line of defense to identify potential risks to the Card business, and appropriately escalate as needed
- Document and manage risks according to Capital One Risk Management requirements, and existing laws and regulations
- Analyze customer complaints, issues/events and overall control performance for trends and insights
- Create and implement innovative solutions to appropriately manage risks and drive process improvements impacting the Card business
- Drive key risk insights through data and reporting
- Oversee monitoring and reporting of key risk metrics
- Communicate effectively across multiple organizations and levels
- Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of Financial Services Risk Management Experience
- At least 2 years of Project Management experience or at least 2 years of Process Management experience
- At least 3 years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients
- 3 years of Project Management experience leading cross functional projects and programs in Risk
- BPM, Lean, CRMA, or Six Sigma Certifications
- PMP Certification or Masters Certificate of Project Management (CPM)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Jyotisana manages five teams who simultaneously work on internal and external technology projects in areas from communication to customer service.
Back to top