Principal Risk Specialist
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Risk Specialist
This role is for a principal risk specialist or principal process manager to support Capital One's Small Business lines of business. The position is in Consumer Credit Risk Management (CCRM) and leads critical processes that help first and second line credit leaders manage and understand credit risk exposure. You will work directly with some of Capital One's best credit leaders, in both the first and second lines of defense. You will gain exposure and experience with credit analysis and credit risk governance processes that are not available anywhere else in the company. And you will learn how one of the world's best credit companies manages and governs our credit risks.
The successful candidate must have a background in risk management, process management, or experience with credit processes. You must be able to partner with and influence senior credit leaders in both the first and second lines of defense. You should have a passion for risk management, strong results focus, and great attention to detail.
- Risk Consulting and credit governance process management for Small Business Bank and Small Business Card
- Client Management: Develop and leverage key relationships with stakeholders that enable collaboration across the enterprise
- Credit Governance: own, deliver and improve on credit governance processes for your business, following Capital One policy and practice. These processes may include credit program and credit decision approvals, credit governance reporting, portfolio monitoring, and loss forecasting processes
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including M&A teams, Data Scientists, Finance, Risk Management and others to drive improvement in analytical quality, credit results and profitability
- Change Management: Lead change control efforts at the process level to ensure impacts are appropriately assessed, documented and implemented
- Strong executive communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of Financial Services Risk Management Experience
- At least 2 years of Project Management experience
- At least 3 years of Project Management experience leading cross functional projects and programs in Risk
- PMP Certification or Masters Certificate of Project Management (CPM)
- At least 3 years of experience supporting, partnering and interacting with internal business clients
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top