Principal Risk Associate
Plano 3 (31063), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Risk Associate
Do you like working in the spotlight? Are you ready to work on the front line of a top 10 Bank? Can you build relationships as well as develop and implement innovative solutions? As a Principal Risk Associate at Capital One you'll be responsible for working with business partners to identify and mitigate potential risks to Capital One.
Principal Risk Associates at Capital One are the front line of defense to ensure our Company remains stable and profitable. In this role you will be the main point of contact for audit and exams working directly with Internal Audit and other internal review teams. Principal Risk Associates at Capital One are highly motivated Risk Management professionals with excellent organizational and communication skills that thrive in a fast pace environment. They have a high level of exposure across all of Capital One Auto Finance (COAF) and have the opportunity to work with Executives to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Company.
- Manage Audits and other internal assessments on behalf of all of Capital One Auto Finance, including the tracking and response to all requests
- Assist Auto Finance Operational Teams in the preparation for upcoming Regulatory Exams and Internal Audits
- Closing any gaps in controls and correcting control deficiencies and issues in a timely manner to help maintain a secure and compliant operating environment
- Provide independent guidance and advice to the business in implementing risk policies and programs
- Identifying, assessing and managing risk, including emerging risks and regulatory focus areas, providing appropriate documentation of such risks
- Having a clear understanding of business strategies, products, services, and risk profile
- Acting as an independent and effective challenger of the business
- Creating and maintaining appropriate processes and procedures to self-identify, assess, document, control and manage risks
- Designing, implementing and executing on an adequate combination of preventive and detective controls
- Ensuring independent escalation of risk management gaps, issues, and concerns to both executive management and when appropriate, the Board of Directors, including emerging risks and regulatory focus areas
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 3 years of Financial Services Risk Management Experience
- At least 2 years of experience in performing or managing Regulatory Exams or Internal Audits
- At least 3 years of experience supporting, partnering and with internal business clients
- 2 years of Auto Finance experience
- Professional Certification related to Audit, Compliance, or Project Management (CIA, CRMA, CFE, PMP, etc)
- 3 years of experience performing Regulatory Exams and Internal Audits
- 1 year of experience acting as Exam Lead or Auditor In Charge (AIC) on Regulatory Exams or Internal Audits
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Back to top