Principal Resiliency Engineer - eAPI
Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Resiliency Engineer - eAPI
Do you think about writing beautiful code while eating breakfast? Do you build applications you are proud of and want to tell your friends about? Do you get excited scaling web and mobile applications to millions of users? Do you appreciate elegant solutions but also know when to build simple first and iterate?
Capital One is seeking a Principal Resiliency Engineer (Director level) to lead, mentor, an extremely talented software engineering team to deliver on a game changing customer experience across all our customer touch points. Success in the role requires an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering new consumer-facing software products.
As a Principal Resiliency Engineer, you will own the technology agenda for driving Continuous Delivery of our Customer Platforms taking advantage of Cloud Technologies to provide improved application resiliency and availability.
- Design, develop and deliver scalable and automated service architecture
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design and delivery
- Create software / infrastructure delivery pipeline for cloud APIs and Data platforms and services
- Enable resilience and high availability of the platforms using cloud applications and hardening the platforms
- Ensure full-stack software solutions are architected and delivered using industry-leading DevOps best practices and technologies
- Collaborate to define best practices and standards around DevOps and service resilience
- Create reusable automation libraries that can be applied across the enterprise
- Determine HA/DR, Security, Capacity, and Compliance strategies for existing and new applications
- Develop usage standards, user self-service designs, and reporting on application KPIs
- Create solutions to generate metrics to facilitate a deep understanding of the service
- Optimize and support our existing public cloud based solutions and workloads
- Understands how evolving technology affects domain; stays current and leads team through new technologies
- Proven ability to recruit associates with exceptional technical and creative problem-solving skills
- Evangelizes agile and drives continuous improvement in methodology and practices
The Ideal Candidate:
- Deals well with ambiguous or undefined problems; ability to think abstractly and guide others
- Comfortable performing requirements analysis, interfacing with stakeholders and documenting solutions
- Experience building full stack software solutions, architected and delivered using industry-leading DevOps best practices and technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to articulate technical topics to non-technical audiences both in writing, in diagrams and person
- Demonstrable knowledge of DevOps in an Enterprise setting, on public cloud (AWS)
- Strong leadership acumen
- Energetic team player who works well across boundaries, readily adapts to change, and enjoys rapid development
- Confident of your skills, abilities and willing to share what you know, while learning from others
- Bachelor's degree or Military experience
- At least 10 years' experience building full-stack software solutions
- At least 3 years' experience with AWS (EC2, Lambda, S3, RDS, VPC, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, ECS, and IAM)
- At least 3 years' experience with Orchestration tools (Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Docker)
- At least 3 years' experience with various database technologies (NoSQL, SQL) and data interchange formats (XML, JSON)
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant experience
- Experience with the following technologies are a plus - Hashi Corp tools (Terraform, Cosul, Vault), Ansible, Chef
- Experience with Containerization - Docker, Kubernetes, Quay is a plus
- Experience with monitoring tools - New Relic, Datadog, Splunk, ELK is a plus
- Contributed to Open-Source or public GitHub project
- Deep understanding of security best practices and standards around cloud computing and access management
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top