Principal, Project Manager - Customer Experience
Plano 3 (31063), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal, Project Manager - Customer Experience
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams.
At the end of the day, it's about people and doing the right thing. The Capital One quest to change banking for good comes to life in Mortgage through a set of close-to heart values called the "Mortgage Blueprint". This Blueprint defines who we are and how we deliver for customers and to each other. We're not just any Mortgage company; we deliver personalized experiences that provide confidence and peace of mind, mixed with a special touch of magic. As we build a team focused on this Blueprint, we need talent who can make the Customer's dream their own … that's where you come in.
Principal Associate Project Manager
The Company: Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company – and a great place to work.
As a Principal Associate Project Manager at Capital One in Home Loans Originations, you will execute on the Mortgage Blueprint project for Originations and Servicing. You will work with smart and passionate people to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company's bottom line. You will take on important and exciting responsibility from day one, working with key stakeholders across the company. You will be challenged to excel and lead alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements. You will be responsible for ensuring the success of various projects that include project monitoring and tracking, project retrospectives and driving towards customer conditions of satisfaction. This role includes helping the business develop and implement innovative technical tools for consumers and associates.
Responsibilities of a Principal Associate Project Manager consist of:
- Leading moderate to large complex projects supporting Home Loans Originations
- Managing and maintaining the Mortgage Blueprint initiative
- Tracking timelines and critical paths for multiple projects
- Facilitating project planning, retrospective and demos
- Removing impediments that prevents a team from completing the work it has negotiated for a given project
- Leveraging problem solving and influencing skills to ensure project plans deliver on intent
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
The person will:
- Exhibit outstanding influencing skills to effectively drive project efforts
- Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment.
- Have excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes
Who will love this job:
- You're someone who always does the right thing – even if no one is watching.
- You like making things easier for customers and coworkers. If there's a roadblock, you want to smooth it away.
- You are energized by interacting with and helping people. You know that everyone has trouble sometimes, and seek to empower and educate our customers.
- You love reading and learning about new ways of doing things. There's always a better way.
- You're a positive person and know how to look on the bright side.
- You bring solutions to the table not just problems. (But you aren't afraid to point out where we're going wrong).
- You assume positive intent when working with others. You know relationships need to be based on trust and respect.
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 Years of Project or Process Management experience
- At least 7 years of Project or Process Management experience
- PMP or Lean or Agile or Six Sigma certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at
Meet Some of Capital One's Employees
Head Of Design
Ryan and his team of designers and developers work at The Shop, a combined technology workshop and retail hub, to create meaningful financial products and services.
Back to top